Current time: 24/04/2024, 15:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MP Travel
RE: MP Travel
(09/10/2020 18:02)Bevan Price Wrote:  The easy solution might be to "hire" buses from Arriva.........

I can't see Arriva having them buses available and they've already clarified in their media different buses will be running the service.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/10/2020 18:02)Bevan Price Wrote:  The easy solution might be to "hire" buses from Arriva.........

And that my point sub in Drivers from other firms like MP and other touring firms who have drivers out of work. there are drivers out there and you don`t have to put them on the payroll.
Find all posts by this user
From what I’ve heard in some of the media (I can’t remember where I saw this now) they’re using ‘modern, low floor’ buses.

That rules out the coaches and their older fleet. Obviously deckers can’t be used due to low bridges in Runcorn. Surely the Evolutions aren’t considered modern, so I think they may be bringing in loan vehicles from somewhere.

The MD has said in a reply to someone on social media that the Evora is being used on the route. The rest is a mystery at the moment.

Anyone know what the current PVR is for X1?
(10/10/2020 01:04)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  From what I’ve heard in some of the media (I can’t remember where I saw this now) they’re using ‘modern, low floor’ buses.

That rules out the coaches and their older fleet. Obviously deckers can’t be used due to low bridges in Runcorn. Surely the Evolutions aren’t considered modern, so I think they may be bringing in loan vehicles from somewhere.

The MD has said in a reply to someone on social media that the Evora is being used on the route. The rest is a mystery at the moment.

Has to be 4 buses as route is about 1 hour. Or there be no way to pull time back.
(10/10/2020 03:14)Mrboo Wrote:  Has to be 4 buses as route is about 1 hour. Or there be no way to pull time back.

It would be good, but I imagine they will just stick with 3 buses.
If they used 4 vehicles, they would probably be on a 30-minute frequency, instead of a 40-minute frequency (which would be preferable!)
(10/10/2020 05:41)Valandil Wrote:  It would be good, but I imagine they will just stick with 3 buses.
If they used 4 vehicles, they would probably be on a 30-minute frequency, instead of a 40-minute frequency (which would be preferable!)

I think the Frequency is 40 mins to give you recovery time

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(09/10/2020 11:05)Mayneway Wrote:  In most cases head offices hundreds of miles away have put the brakes on any recruitment because of the pandemic and that’s where the issue lies. It’s a very weird situation at the moment. There’s plenty of drivers looking for work but companies big and small are reluctant to take on incase of another full on lockdown which could potentially see service levels dropping again, hence why it’s easier to sub the work out and let someone else worry about finding the staff.
I don't know if my comment came across as digging at Arriva but it wasn't meant to. I know most companies have stopped recruiting for understandable reasons. It's a difficult situation because of the lockdowns, Covid risk and the cost of recruitment. It's not easy for anyone really. Subbing out is easier if people all have the buses but you will be hard pressed to find many companies with enough spare buses to run a service all day.
Hopefully recruitment picks up again shortly but I think it could take a while for it to fully recover to comfortable levels because of all the reasons I mentioned.

(10/10/2020 01:04)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  Anyone know what the current PVR is for X1?
The timetable shows 4 buses needed.
(10/10/2020 05:41)Valandil Wrote:  It would be good, but I imagine they will just stick with 3 buses.

It will be the normal Arriva Timetable as for buses they my well do like Arriva did and hire in buses from the likes of Dewson Rental or evan Arriva Bus & Coach
Some New additions will be joining the fleet for the X1.

The owner tweeted today
Quote: So been out shopping for a bus for the X1. Watch out next week
(10/10/2020 01:04)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  From what I’ve heard in some of the media (I can’t remember where I saw this now) they’re using ‘modern, low floor’ buses.

Modern, well, low floor, with wifi, there you go....

As for deckers, there are some journeys that would be able to have a decker operate them due to the fact they only go the hospital.

However, we are currently buying a couple of buses to add.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)