Current time: 23/04/2024, 17:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D Jones & Son to Cease Trading
RE: D Jones & Son to Cease Trading
Stagecoach will be operating the C56 for one day free of charge With exceptions

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Its ashame when smaller independents close up shop as these make the bus scene more exciting with there random fleets etc , where with the larger operators they have a standardised fleet more or less.
(17/12/2017 13:59)chester285 Wrote:  Stagecoach will be operating the C56 for one day free of charge With exceptions

Is this online anywhere?

Replying to MotorMayhem
Its a shame to see so many go with Catch 22, D Jones, Express Motors & Rosso being the latest examples

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Totally agree T42 PVM.
(17/12/2017 14:51)T42 PVM Wrote:  Is this online anywhere?

Replying to MotorMayhem
Its a shame to see so many go with Catch 22, D Jones, Express Motors & Rosso being the latest examples

Nothings online yet, was an enquiry with Chester, an update will be issued tomorrow as to future happenings with the route

(17/12/2017 13:59)chester285 Wrote:  Stagecoach will be operating the C56 for one day free of charge With exceptions

Presumably that means they've got an emergency contract or have agreed to run it on a commercial basis but can't get an emergency registration through before start of service on Monday.
(17/12/2017 12:46)chester285 Wrote:  Is this permanent or temporary as stagecoach still have planning in for bumpers lane

Temporary until Bumpers Lane is sorted. There is reportedly contamination there causing further delays. As I say, 'reportedly'. Unsure about this as someone told a mate who told me and obviously things can get missed or not told properly as the line goes on.

(17/12/2017 15:46)knutstransport Wrote:  Presumably that means they've got an emergency contract or have agreed to run it on a commercial basis but can't get an emergency registration through before start of service on Monday.
Will probably be emergency contract. The C56 can't make that much as D Jones reduced it's trips recently. IT was hourly into Chester now it is every 2 hours with gaps for schools. Unsure what the subsidy is for but the registration does say it is somewhat subsidised. IT could just be a diversion money though but the C56 I hardly see anyone on it. When I do, they aren't really fare paying but if SC were to take it on, £4 day ticket would get you much further again and I strongly feel it could be a viable alternative to the Saph 1. I am just speculating though and of course nothing is confirmed about the longer term plan on the C56.
Confirmation on what I mentioned before regarding the C56 see attachment

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Really suprised Arriva have not announced anything. Easy coach are recruiting maybe this could be their expansion into wrexham
Arriva are running hourly services to wrexham industrial estate from 5am plus they are putting deckers & another decker for llangollen schools so all pupils can get on board, arriva need at least 15 extra buses in bangor in 2 weeks, I'm surprised by how many companies are going out of business, plus with 2 council owned companies going private, makes you wonder what will happen next year

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)