Current time: 19/04/2024, 18:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D Jones & Son to Cease Trading
RE: D Jones & Son to Cease Trading
Very polite chap aint he..

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wa...s-14074224

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/12/2017 10:36)T42 PVM Wrote:  Very polite chap aint he..

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wa...s-14074224

Seems like he has taken an inspiration from Sydney Hardy when Nippy bus shut...
Find all posts by this user
Think is i dont see how he spoke to his drivers the way he did, when ive spoke to him he was always nice he even let me design the livery that was applied to YJ59NMZ i sent it him and he said he liked it, he always let me in the yard i never seen him like that but the staff always said he was a ****

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
(18/12/2017 15:56)busesdotorg1920x Wrote:  Agreed - Blackpool Transport, Cardiff Bus, Lothian Buses, NCT and Reading Buses obviously aren't going anywhere with continuous fleet investment but I feel possibly any of the other remaining ones could potentially sell.

So, this would suggest Halton, Warrington, Ipswich and Newport potentially available for sale.
I wouldn't rule out any of "not going anywhere" council operators if someone saw the chance to offer a cash strapped council a good price for a fleet requiring minimal investment.
(07/01/2018 09:01)mikestone Wrote:  I wouldn't rule out any of "not going anywhere" council operators if someone saw the chance to offer a cash strapped council a good price for a fleet requiring minimal investment.

Pretty sure Transdev owns shares in Nottingham City Transport. (18%). What is to say they don't try to expand and make it 50-50 or try to do a full take over. If their foot in in the door....
The others are full council owned afaik. Halton could be sold on possibly. As could Network Warrington the way the new MD is running it. I don't know about the other companies. I don't travel on them nor have i seen their buses in most cases.
I personally think if Halton and Warrington were to go Arriva would be the one to nab them both

Anyway in actually news Pats Coaches are getting one of the 13 plate Versa's looking likely to be YJ13HHX to operate the 146 Smile

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
Going off topic but i dont think Arriva would get them, competition would be almost none existent in the operating areas if it happened

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I think they would be able to obtain network warrington if it ever did go up for sale which is a big if but wouldn't beable to take halton transport unless they took over the routes with drivers but dont aquire any assets (building/infrastructure or buses etc)
Today (15th February 2018) the partners of the firm D Jones and Son of Acrefair were required to be appear before the Traffic Commissioner Nick Jones. Gary Jones appeared in person but his father David Jones did not attend. Having heard from Gary Jones of the reasons why the business ceased operating with only a very short notice in December last year the Traffic Commissioner then indicated that his formal findings were that the partnership had failed to operate licensed services, that no notification had been given of the withdrawal of the services as required and that no contact had been made with the Traffic Commission to indicate the change of circumstances that the business had ceased trading. He indicated that the failure had resulted in major issues for the travelling public, that the local authorities had to incur costs to deal with the cessation and also there was a complete absence of responsibility to the Traffic Commissioner. Nick Jones in announcing his penalty indicated that as a result of not notifying the Traffic Commissioner as required the partners had lost their good repute and as a result they would be disqualified indefinitely from holding a licence, from applying for a new licence or for holding the position of Transport Manger. He did indicate that an application could be made in the future but that the circumstances would have to be carefully considered. He also imposed a financial penalty based on £550 for each ‘disc’ on the licence. As there were nineteen such discs the fine was therefore £550 x 19 = £10,450. He ordered that £5,000 of the fine was to be paid in 56 days and the remainder within a month thereafter.

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)