Current time: 19/04/2024, 07:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Strike
RE: Arriva Strike
(04/12/2017 13:06)E208 WBG Wrote:  Well destinations said 'Birkenhead 471' could be a simple mistake

Is this the bus that is on the Liverpool Echo website , with the driver being called a scab for taking the bus out
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Could it be that he Bus is not operating through the tunnels and therefore terminating at Birkenhead??
(04/12/2017 11:23)knutstransport Wrote:  Union want 3% rise from day 1, Arriva have offered 2.6% rise increasing to the equivalent of 3% extra after 6 months. Apparently it's to bring different depots on to the same pay so I think it's only former MTL depots who would get the full 3% and apparently Macclesfield staff would get nothing extra even if Arriva meet the union's demands.

Thanks

View my flickr http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/104753198@N08/ my flickr account.
(02/12/2017 21:50)Metroline1511 Wrote:  That's probably the whole idea. They can say with hand on heart that they have restored some services, but with minimal benefit to passengers thus maximum embarrassment to Arriva management.

Who decides which services/journeys are running during these Strikes? Surely, it would be management. That's whats happening at First, so that the least amount of passengers are inconvenienced and there is less of a conflict with TFGM over contact failures.
This thursdays strike as been called off by the union as a good will gesture from them too the passengers while they hold talks on wednesday with the directors.
This would then able a ballot to take place on thursday and friday by the staff on a possible offer arriva make
(04/12/2017 21:59)motormayhem1 Wrote:  This thursdays strike as been called off by the union as a good will gesture from them too the passengers while they hold talks on wednesday with the directors.
This would then able a ballot to take place on thursday and friday by the staff on a possible offer arriva make

That's a bit more positive. Let's hope this gets settled to the best interests of all concerned.
(05/12/2017 13:25)Turbostar19 Wrote:  That's a bit more positive. Let's hope this gets settled to the best interests of all concerned.

Totally agree as the quicker this gets sorted the better for everyone all round.
(04/12/2017 20:09)Brickmill Wrote:  Who decides which services/journeys are running during these Strikes? Surely, it would be management. That's whats happening at First, so that the least amount of passengers are inconvenienced and there is less of a conflict with TFGM over contact failures.

Doesn't who turns up partly depend on which routes operate? If, hypothetically, the drivers who turn up know routes 1, 2 and 3 but don't know 4 and 5 then surely the non-striking drivers will drive routes 1, 2 and 3.
(05/12/2017 15:44)knutstransport Wrote:  Doesn't who turns up partly depend on which routes operate? If, hypothetically, the drivers who turn up know routes 1, 2 and 3 but don't know 4 and 5 then surely the non-striking drivers will drive routes 1, 2 and 3.

AFAIK, all drivers learn and operate all routes out of their allocated depot. In years gone by, MPTE depots had "roads" to which drivers were allocated but I'm sure this is no longer common practice.
(05/12/2017 18:05)Barney Wrote:  AFAIK, all drivers learn and operate all routes out of their allocated depot. In years gone by, MPTE depots had "roads" to which drivers were allocated but I'm sure this is no longer common practice.

The *Roads* Practise is still used

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)