Current time: 25/04/2024, 01:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West DLPs & VLWs
RE: Arriva North West DLPs & VLWs
4207 on 410's today
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
This months edition of "The London Bus" reports that the following vehicles were sold by Arriva North West in August:

4162 LJ51 DLZ
4163 LJ51 DLX
4164 LJ51 DKY
4166 LF52 UPS
4176 LJ51 OSY
4214 LF52 PKO

Sale does not necessarily mean that they have yet left Arriva premises - and no purchaser was noted.
66 and 76 are the only ones on the list currently still getting used (66 on loan to Speke and 76 at Birkenhead). Was there any information on the sale, as in if they was sold on for further service or if they are sold for Scrap?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28/09/2017 20:40)Robas Wrote:  This months edition of "The London Bus" reports that the following vehicles were sold by Arriva North West in August:

4162 LJ51 DLZ
4163 LJ51 DLX
4164 LJ51 DKY
4166 LF52 UPS
4176 LJ51 OSY
4214 LF52 PKO

Sale does not necessarily mean that they have yet left Arriva premises - and no purchaser was noted.

4162/66 were still in use on Manchester rail replacements earlier this month (Sept. 2017)
66 was reported at Speke just the other day, to help cover for the upcoming Rail Replacement

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28/09/2017 20:59)T42 PVM Wrote:  66 and 76 are the only ones on the list currently still getting used (66 on loan to Speke and 76 at Birkenhead). Was there any information on the sale, as in if they was sold on for further service or if they are sold for Scrap?

As stated above, all that was stated was that these vehicles had been "Sold". No purchaser or information as to whether they were for further use or for scrap was given.

I believe it is not totally uncommon (but please correct me if I am wrong) for vehicles to be sold, but then continue to be operated by Arriva until they actually have no further use for them - particularly in the case of the scrap man.

Indeed, they are all still taxed, although it is not uncommon for withdrawn vehicles to remain taxed for several months, with the cancellation of tax only taking place some time after a vehicle physically leaves Arriva.

I'm not trying to create confusion here, just reporting something that was reported elsewhere.
4170 was on the 60 today
4204 on 437 today
4174 is out on rail replacement between hunts cross and southparkway
4204 brickbus out on 414 and was out on lates last night on 410/411
4211 out on 437

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)