Current time: 16/04/2024, 22:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Golf buses at Southport
RE: Golf buses at Southport
(20/07/2017 17:04)Barney Wrote:  I'm inclined to agree with Mark Twain in that golf is a good walk spoiled. Having admitted that, I do have several friends who play and follow the game avidly, some of whom have tickets for the final day's play this Sunday. Their initial plan was to catch the train from Crosby to Birkdale but, with the planned industrial action by train guards, I advised them to catch the 47 or X2 instead. If they want a start earlier than 9am I suggested that they use the various Park and Ride sites.

I was really surprised to find that there is little or no information on the location (with map) or hours of operation of these P+R sites on the Merseytravel, Sefton or Royal Birkdale sites. Have I missed something?

Info on The Open website.
https://www.theopen.com/Spectators/GettingThere
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(20/07/2017 14:54)gka472l Wrote:  Noticed a couple of the Pulsars parked on Sandringham Rd near the golf course the other day.

Thanks Barry (GKA472L) I'm going down on all day Sunday, could be more buses coming up, cos Merseyrail goes striking on Sunday. I would like to come tomorrow but unfortunately I've arrangements.
(20/07/2017 20:47)326VFM Wrote:  Thanks Barry (GKA472L) I'm going down on all day Sunday, could be more buses coming up, cos Merseyrail goes striking on Sunday. I would like to come tomorrow but unfortunately I've arrangements.

Full day up there tomorrow for me....and able to have about 3 hours up there on Sunday with not being in work until late afternoon

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(20/07/2017 20:13)Neukit Wrote:  Info on The Open website.
https://www.theopen.com/Spectators/GettingThere

Yes, I've seen that but it tells me next to nothing. For example, where are the P+R sites on a map? I get the impression that the members of the Royal and Ancient don't do buses.
(20/07/2017 21:57)Barney Wrote:  Yes, I've seen that but it tells me next to nothing. For example, where are the P+R isites on a map? I get the impression that the members of the Royal and Ancient don't do buses.

Carr Lane is by the kunvtion of Liverpool Rd snd Watrloo Rd , Bedford Rd is off Liverpool Rd further towstds Southport, Esplanafe & Prinvess Psrk sre ethet side of Plessureland ajacent to the southern end of the Promensde
(20/07/2017 14:02)326VFM Wrote:  I ask anyone who know that Arriva 3037/8/44 which direction route either from Southport Town to Hillside Golf Course Which help me to find the road and where bus stop spot. Thanks.

Starts from Lord Street outside the Town Hall actually the Park and Ride stop, then sponge Lord Street Lord St west Luleorth Rd , Lancaster Rd to Sandtingham Road. From the main psrk and Ride stops wslk along selworthy road cross Waterloo road and first right
(20/07/2017 21:57)Barney Wrote:  Yes, I've seen that but it tells me next to nothing. For example, where are the P+R sites on a map? I get the impression that the members of the Royal and Ancient don't do buses.
Everything is well signposted from before you enter Southport and car drivers are directed to the most appropriate park for their route. It has worked very well for previous Opens at Birkdale!
(21/07/2017 06:38)enrag2000 Wrote:  Everything is well signposted from before you enter Southport and car drivers are directed to the most appropriate park for their route. It has worked very well for previous Opens at Birkdale!

nowhere to park locslly, if usimg the bus form Southport go to Bedford Rd firsy Route X2 or 49 or 46 sll three routes will tske you on to Csrr Lane route 47 passes the course back to town (get off at M.orrisons/Trabel lodge and walk through towards the funfair
Today's buses noted selwyn FMO & FYI, Stagecoach PR1 12227/31/47/50/51/56, 10534/5/7/9/40/4/9/50/64/9/70 PR2 10542/8, some of the ones must have been Twos.PR4 10536/8/41/3/6/66. have not been out to Carr Lane no Arrivas knocking around before 7.30 will look at these later
(21/07/2017 12:42)wimdebusse Wrote:  Today's buses noted selwyn FMO & FYI, Stagecoach PR1 12227/31/47/50/51/56, 10534/5/7/9/40/4/9/50/64/9/70 PR2 10542/8, some of the ones must have been Twos.PR4 10536/8/41/3/6/66. have not been out to Carr Lane no Arrivas knocking around before 7.30 will look at these later

You can add 10572 to the PR2 as well....Arriva 3037 & 3044 noted on the shuttle so far. 10545 & 10571 have just passed on the PR4 just now.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)