Current time: 29/03/2024, 13:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Local bus usage figures for 15/16 published
RE: Local bus usage figures for 15/16 published
(26/06/2017 07:38)Gateacre Wrote:  Regarding the figures quoted for Bus Usuage:
Several forms of multi-journey tickets are still paper versions which are shown to the driver upon entry.
Are these boardings actually recorded? I think many are not and therefore usuage could well be under-stated.

Does anyone have further information on this possible recording error?

I'm not sure exactly how it works but there will likely be some estimation used. For rail usage passenger numbers are estimated on ticket sales so any fare evaders or those not given the opportunity to buy a ticket aren't counted. There were also some quite significant changes to usage at Manchester Stations recorded recently due to it being found that the method of recording journeys made on tickets like Wayfarer weren't that accurate and the number of passengers travelling to Piccadilly on Manchester STNs tickets was overestimated, while Oxford Road was underestimated. The same applied in Liverpool with an over estimation for Lime Street and an underestimation for Central.

Some operators do record passengers showing already purchased day tickets by the driver pressing a button on the machine when one is shown. However, that could mean one passenger making a return journey from A to B gets recorded as making 2 journeys, while another who breaks their return journey gets recorded as making 3.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Boring
To be honest i enjoy a good debate on here about public Transport ... to the comment above you dont have to read it if you dont want to.

As the price of bus fares edges ever higher other forms of transport start to become a more viable alternative to the bus.
(27/06/2017 11:20)wirralbus Wrote:  To be honest i enjoy a good debate on here about public Transport ... to the comment above you dont have to read it if you dont want to.

As the price of bus fares edges ever higher other forms of transport start to become a more viable alternative to the bus.

I really would like to know what form of transport beats a £2 My Ticket for the whole of the LCR for 5-18 year-olds or £62 for a monthly adult Solo ticket.

Over the Christmas period, a relative who now lives in Scotland complained that she had spent over £13 in one day when visiting family in Liverpool. When I told her about the existence of Saveaway tickets her reply was telling: "Oh, they have them in Edinburgh but I didn't think they had day tickets here."
(27/06/2017 13:46)Barney Wrote:  I really would like to know what form of transport beats a £2 My Ticket for the whole of the LCR for 5-18 year-olds or £62 for a monthly adult Solo ticket.

Over the Christmas period, a relative who now lives in Scotland complained that she had spent over £13 in one day when visiting family in Liverpool. When I told her about the existence of Saveaway tickets her reply was telling: "Oh, they have them in Edinburgh but I didn't think they had day tickets here."

Unless you go looking for these tickets , nobody from outside the areas knows about them unless they look on the internet and no not everyone has access the world wide wen just yet .
(27/06/2017 11:20)wirralbus Wrote:  To be honest i enjoy a good debate on here about public Transport ... to the comment above you dont have to read it if you dont want to.

Indeed. I'm sure a lot of people would find threads discussing exactly which buses are at which depots and which services they are being used on boring but no-one forces them to look at those threads.
Light rail figures have also been produced. Metrolink now carries 37.8m fare paying passengers per annum (up from 34.3) The average journey length is 6.5 miles and the average loading is 34 passengers (up from 31.)

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistica...nger-miles

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)