Current time: 19/04/2024, 13:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Alliance Rail
RE: Alliance Rail
This is a new application under section 17, so whether or not the previous one passed an abstraction test (which is of course really nothing more than guesswork) is irrelevant - if they are going to be faster by cutting out a Crewe stop that must surely increase the likelihood of abstraction not reduce it.
;
On the ORR website there is a letter
http://www.orr.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf_...-03-02.pdf
criticising Mr. Yeowart for using section 17 to apply for their Southampton access instead of negotiating with NR and applying under section 18 and asking questions about exactly how far they have got with securing Cl.442s.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/06/2017 16:23)mikestone Wrote:  NO. The previous Alliance Rail track access agreement is waste pcaper as it was conditional on ordering Pendolino.s.

There is no new application listed on the ORR site, so can not see this is a new application.

If the are omitting the Crewe stop it will be less abstracting as the will not be entitled to any of the fares originating from Crewe
Crewe to London would be a lucrative revenue flow.

I imagine any 442 option for Southampton has gone now First have won the South West franchise and agreed leases with Angel for them.
(14/06/2017 13:57)knutstransport Wrote:  Crewe to London would be a lucrative revenue flow.

I imagine any 442 option for Southampton has gone now First have won the South West franchise and agreed leases with Angel for them.

Although full details of the franchise contract have​ not been disclosed, I was under the impression First are just using 18 of the 24 .... Could be wrong though.
(15/06/2017 17:03)steve517757 Wrote:  Although full details of the franchise contract have​ not been disclosed, I was under the impression First are just using 18 of the 24 .... Could be wrong though.

You are correct its 18 out of 24 , does make it rather awkward for the leasing company to lease the final six , they may be parted out these six remaining.
(16/06/2017 08:21)wirralbus Wrote:  You are correct its 18 out of 24 , does make it rather awkward for the leasing company to lease the final six , they may be parted out these six remaining.

How many where Alliance expecting to use ... I thought it was 6?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)