Current time: 16/04/2024, 20:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cheshire East proposed funding cuts
RE: Cheshire East proposed funding cuts
(22/10/2017 09:11)33109 Wrote:  Route E sounds entertaining. Altrincham - macclesfield via lands end!

It'll be a nightmare during any roadworks and also a nightmare to modify if changes in demand warrant a timetable revision.

In a way I kind of hope Arriva win that one and use Sapphire vehicles as that way if you miss the 14:55 bus from Macclesfield to Knutsford, you aren't forced to wait until 17:45 or to pay extra to go back via Wilmslow. I know there were numerous complaints about that gap during the consultation process but it seems Cheshire East are intent on having one vehicle also running a school service.

I think the tendering process will suit D&G Bus - they have suitable sized vehicles available for all the routes if they just swap a few Wincham vehicles for Crewe vehicles.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/10/2017 15:18)knutstransport Wrote:  In a way I kind of hope Arriva win that one and use Sapphire vehicles

If only Big Grin
(22/10/2017 16:08)Valandil Wrote:  If only Big Grin

I know it's not the most likely outcome but I imagine it's more likely than a combined operator Cheshire ticket.
With route E which route would it take? If guess as:

Normal 289 route to knutsford then onto northwich. Question for me is which would be quickest way from northwich to macc? It's a good 20-25 miles at least as I live in macc but used to work in northwich.
(23/10/2017 19:45)33109 Wrote:  With route E which route would it take? If guess as:

Normal 289 route to knutsford then onto northwich. Question for me is which would be quickest way from northwich to macc? It's a good 20-25 miles at least as I live in macc but used to work in northwich.

27 mac to knutsford then normal 289 to Northwich?
Route E will be 88 route from Altrincham to Knutsford via Morley Green then either terminates there or takes 289 route to Northwich or 27 or 27B route to Macclesfield. All bus services via High Legh and Mere will be withdrawn, while they'll be no buses from Knutsford to either Waters or Alderley Park. The full timetables are on the pdf linked to in my earlier post.
If it runs through to macc after heading to northwich which was what threw me. Didn't get whether all the services would run through full route or just a few with others terminating in knutsford.
Interestingly D&G are to cancel the 32 and SB services from 27 January 2018. Does this mean Cheshire East are bringing the proposed changes forward?
The Mikro 39 changes on Monday!
;
I wonder how much Mikro's taxi business will make from people turning up for the 17.25 from Crewe?
(28/10/2017 16:17)mikestone Wrote:  The Mikro 39 changes on Monday!
;
I wonder how much Mikro's taxi business will make from people turning up for the 17.25 from Crewe?

Has a school service been withdrawn?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)