Current time: 29/03/2024, 09:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cheshire East proposed funding cuts
RE: Cheshire East proposed funding cuts
(29/03/2018 13:51)mikestone Wrote:  Cheshire East have new timetables - for some reason some come in both A5, folding out to A3, and A6 versions. No sign of a D&G book yet - I hope they don't follow Midland Classic down the leaflet road.

Cheshire East have done one for 88, 88A, 89 and 188 but not included the 87 journeys and have separated 88 (Altrincham-Wilmslow-Knutsford) and 88A (Wilmslow-Knutsford) in to separate tables - useful if someone wants the times of services going via Longridge or extending to Colshaw Farm but not useful for someone travelling between Knutsford and Wilmslow.

Hopefully D&G do a Cheshire & Greater Manchester booklet - the 288 service could be useful to someone living in Knutsford or Northwich but I imagine a lot of those living in Cheshire don't know about it.

Worryingly there's no sign of a full 47 timetable anywhere, whether online or in print.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
TfGM have published the 88/88A/89 timetable on their website. 88/88A grouped together, while service 89 is listed as separate timetable and indicating the through service 88

https://assets.ctfassets.net/nv7y93idf4j...mes_88.pdf
I notice Cheshire East haven't updated bus stop displays in Knutsford, hence the bus station is utter confusion this morning.
Crewe had been done on Thursday, and I hadn't got my phone so couldn't check if it was worth waiting to photograph the 32 on its last day.
Tomlinson has now put into cancel the 316 and 319. Are these out for tender or are these being withdrawn?
(18/02/2019 17:39)iMarkeh Wrote:  Tomlinson has now put into cancel the 316 and 319. Are these out for tender or are these being withdrawn?

Tomlinson Travel have a history of using break clauses to terminate contracts early. They did it with the 47 and the 300 evening service. I wouldn't be surprised if D&G, Hollinshead or Mikros take the services over.
Cheshire East are now proposing the following:

Supporting essential growth by managing changes to services worth -£12.3m, including:
- Reduce Council offices space due to new working practices,
- Prioritise library services, by keeping all libraries open, although with a reduction in some opening hours,
- Following Government lead on bus subsidies, meaning inflation will not be funded, which will impact on availability,
- Introducing fairer but higher car parking charges across the borough to support maintenance of such facilities,
- Introduce charges for Green Waste collection services inline with most English Councils,
- Enhancing digital services to provide a more modern customer experience but also reduce costs.

They'll be an increase of 4.99% to council tax to pay for those 'privileges'

https://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/pdf/coun...tation.pdf

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)