Current time: 19/04/2024, 20:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Who are you voting for in the 2017 General Election?
This poll is closed.
Conservatives 44.44% 8 44.44%
Green Party 11.11% 2 11.11%
Labour 33.33% 6 33.33%
Liberal Democrats 5.56% 1 5.56%
Plaid Cymru 0% 0 0%
UKIP 5.56% 1 5.56%
Scottish National Party 0% 0 0%
Independent 0% 0 0%
Other 0% 0 0%
Total 18 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

General Election 8th June 2017
RE: General Election 8th June 2017
(09/06/2017 10:28)wirralbus Wrote:  Oh we are in for a rollercoaster ride now that no one party has got a majority in the House of Commons .

Anyone got an appetite for another General Election.

Yes, I put two crosses on my sheet by accident thinking this was the norm for all elections. Hammer It's just local elections isn't it this the two votes.
Still my first choice was labour who won for St. Helens north Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
A lot of labour seats in Southern England increased there majority.

Theresa May seems to now have the DUP of Northern Ireland onside for the time being . This could fall in a heap because SF and DUP are at loggerheads in the Northern Ireland Assembly.

This could result in another trip down the line to the polling booths.
Find all posts by this user
(09/06/2017 11:32)RedPanda Wrote:  Yes, I put two crosses on my sheet by accident thinking this was the norm for all elections. Hammer It's just local elections isn't it this the two votes.
Still my first choice was labour who won for St. Helens north Smile

If you get two choices there are two columns. Otherwise you only put one cross on the ballot paper

I wouldn't be surprised if we have another election before long. Certainly before 2020 never mind 2022
Isn't it interesting - the Conservatives were accusing all the left wing parties of possibly creating a "coalition of chaos", now by joining up with the DUP, they are doing exactly the same thing. It's just a shame that the numbers don't stack up for a possible Progressive Alliance.
(09/06/2017 16:20)Y474 KNF Wrote:  If you get two choices there are two columns. Otherwise you only put one cross on the ballot paper

Common sense didn't kick in until I left to catch a bus
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
In our area, I can think of 4 seats that changed hands: Bury North, High Peak and Weaver Vale from the Conservatives to Labour, and Southport from the Liberal Democrats to the Conservatives.
Now that the DUP have done there confidence and support agreement the immediate threat of another general election immediately has gone.

Do not forget that you need a 2/3 majority to be able to call an election under the fixed term parliaments act .
(29/06/2017 14:29)wirralbus Wrote:  Now that the DUP have done there confidence and support agreement the immediate threat of another general election immediately has gone.

Let's see shall we?
Yep. And the first vote was a kick in the teeth for our "brave" emergency services! The most galling part of it was the Cheers from the ruling benches when it was announced. Definitely business as usual from these 2 very nasty parties to coin a phrase that May made years ago that sums up adequately now.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)