Current time: 19/04/2024, 09:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

More bad news for Skelmersdale
RE: More bad news for Skelmersdale
Sorry to bring back an old thread but how did the 352 and 313 interwork when the 352 goes to Wigan and the 313 was just a Skem circular? Was the 352 just used for placement to get the bus in the right area?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
352 interworks with the 395 which worked onto the 313

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
And the 312 ran independently fyi.
(01/11/2018 06:44)T42 PVM Wrote:  352 interworks with the 395 which worked onto the 313

What the actual..... That is one hell of a round trip. That is some mad interworking. I haven't known a company to go that OTT with interworking lol. I don't know how I thought it would work but all of that interworking is madness. One delay in St Helens could jeopardise a service in Skem...
(01/11/2018 22:30)iMarkeh Wrote:  What the actual..... That is one hell of a round trip. That is some mad interworking. I haven't known a company to go that OTT with interworking lol. I don't know how I thought it would work but all of that interworking is madness. One delay in St Helens could jeopardise a service in Skem...

I was a regular passenger on the 352 in them days and found that to be reliable but i think you got decent drop back in Wigan, Motor Mayham or Tinytears would know better than me regarding the service reliability as a whole.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The big bottle neck was (and probably still is) Saddle Junction which with is interworking has to be passed through 4 times on a round trip.
(01/11/2018 22:34)T42 PVM Wrote:  I was a regular passenger on the 352 in them days and found that to be reliable but i think you got decent drop back in Wigan, Motor Mayham or Tinytears would know better than me regarding the service reliability as a whole.
Dropbacks cost a lot of money though. I don't know why i'm so shocked but it's rare to see 3 routes interwork except when it comes to little local routes.
The other bottleneck would be the M6/M58 junction at Orrel if I remember rightly where time could easily be lost in both directions.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)