Current time: 28/03/2024, 16:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(18/08/2017 16:42)Dentonian Wrote:  Each time, more and more trains actually run, an I would have thought if Management were able to:

Actually that wasn't the case on some routes last time. The Mid-Cheshire line only had around 4 return Chester to Altrincham workings on the Saturday and 3 on the Sunday, compared to the around 7 return workings which there had been on previous strike days. Then to make matters worse they cancelled some of the few Chester to Altrincham workings and replacement buses took 2 hours to arrive!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I believe the trains are actually worked by supervisory/management staff - when Virgin East Coast guards planned to strike they claimed they had enough competent managers to run the full service!
(13/08/2017 06:35)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Bus services to/from St Helens Junction have been gradually run down over the last few years to such an extent that it has hit passenger numbers. Explains the reason why TPX are considering stopping one of their services at Lea Green instead of St Helens Junction when services are altered next May.

At this rate, Lea Green will be more of a Junction for St Helens than St Helens Junction!
(19/08/2017 20:19)Metroline1511 Wrote:  At this rate, Lea Green will be more of a Junction for St Helens than St Helens Junction!

Maybe St Helens Junction should just be renamed Sutton as this better represents the area it is in and as for the Junction suffix, there isn't a Junction there.
Ever since the Link Line to St Helens Central closed its not been a junction station, It does surprise me how Passenger numbers are growing at that station

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Helens_...ay_station

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(19/08/2017 21:08)T42 PVM Wrote:  Ever since the Link Line to St Helens Central closed its not been a junction station, It does surprise me how Passenger numbers are growing at that station

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Helens_...ay_station
But if I remember the figures correctly from the TPX consultation document, latest passengers numbers for Lea Green show 0,450 million as opposed to 0.386.million for the Junction.
I was just looking at that and you are correct, although Passenger numbers are growing at St Helens Junction the number of passengers using Lea Green is higher and has been since the 2013/2014 passenger numbers where released

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Back to units themselves and I was on 319 450 earlier today (it was on Liverpool - Manchester Victoria diagram today) and I noticed there is a former First Class section at one end of the unit with a carpeted floor and very comfortable seats with large arm rests. A very pleasant surprise if a little bit of a novelty.
319021-60 were refurbished about 1997 fitted with first class at one end for use on Bedford to Brighton Citylink services and renumbered 319421-60.
319361-86 were also refurbished around the same period and first class class removed. These were renumbered 319361-86 for use on the Metro services between Luton and Sutton.
All of these units tended to stick to their own routes until 319001-13 and 319214-20 returned to Thameslink duties after being made surplus by Southern when the 377s arrived. When 377501-23 arrived on Thameslink for Brighton line services the 319s became interchangeable and 319/3 could be seen on Brighton services.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(19/08/2017 22:23)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Back to units themselves and I was on 319 450 earlier today (it was on Liverpool - Manchester Victoria diagram today) and I noticed there is a former First Class section at one end of the unit with a carpeted floor and very comfortable seats with large arm rests. A very pleasant surprise if a little bit of a novelty.

319448 is the same

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)