Current time: 20/04/2024, 08:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(22/06/2018 13:10)boby32 Wrote:  In this video, you can see some class 319 reserved for class 769 from 1:20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWGAjmvl3Bs

It's worrying that all they've got to show for the Flex project so far is a 319 renumbered to 769000 in a promotional livery (but with no working diesel engine) and a number of 319s with notices on the front window that they've been reserved for conversion to 769.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/06/2018 13:13)knutstransport Wrote:  It's worrying that all they've got to show for the Flex project so far is a 319 renumbered to 769000 in a promotional livery (but with no working diesel engine) and a number of 319s with notices on the front window that they've been reserved for conversion to 769.

Given that they were supposed to be in service by now and I'm not aware of one moving under its own power yet, I'd say they have issues!

SD.
(25/06/2018 19:09)Sprinterdriver Wrote:  Given that they were supposed to be in service by now and I'm not aware of one moving under its own power yet, I'd say they have issues!

SD.

The fact that it’s numbered 769 000 says a lot. Can’t wait to see the rapid introduction of them other industry saving devices known as the Class 230..
Richard Clinnick (Rail magazine writer) is claiming he has an update on the 769s which will be printed in a future edition of Rail.
The first Class 195 has arrived at Portbury Docks and will be moved to Edge Hill on Friday.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(26/06/2018 17:02)ant17612 Wrote:  The first Class 195 has arrived at Portbury Docks and will be moved to Edge Hill on Friday.

For those interested the unit is 195001
(26/06/2018 17:02)ant17612 Wrote:  The first Class 195 has arrived at Portbury Docks and will be moved to Edge Hill on Friday.
Strange destination considering that it an Alsthom depot.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(28/06/2018 06:00)childwallblues Wrote:  Strange destination considering that it an Alsthom depot.

Alstom in the UK are focusing more on contracts to maintain trains (whether they are Alstom trains or not) than building new trains. They have a contract in place to maintain the CAF trains which TPE will be using, although I was under the impression Arriva Traincare would be maintaining the Northern CAF trains.
195001 is now reported as being at Edge Hill depot. Perhaps this accounts for why Alsthom recently moved 08790 to Edge Hill.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Due to a signalling problem on the approach to Liverpool Lime St for the Wigan and Manchester services during the liverpool Lime St Blockade , services between Liverpool Lime Street and Edge Hill are currently suspended.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)