Current time: 20/04/2024, 07:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(06/12/2017 20:51)knutstransport Wrote:  Axle counter failure apparently.

Sorry, too technical for me. FTR, it caused numerous cancellations (according to RTI!) and delays for FIVE consecutive Mondays and then again on Saturday.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/12/2017 22:05)Brickmill Wrote:  Sorry, too technical for me. FTR, it caused numerous cancellations (according to RTI!) and delays for FIVE consecutive Mondays and then again on Saturday.

In short - an axle counter is a device on a railway that detects the passing of a train between two points on a track.
Here's a pic of class 195/331.

https://twitter.com/northernassist/statu...3361282048
(07/12/2017 09:48)knutstransport Wrote:  In short - an axle counter is a device on a railway that detects the passing of a train between two points on a track.

Thanks - I wonder if that partly explains why the problem was exacerbated, on at least three occasions, by totally false RTI info. On the five consecutive Mondays straightforward "Signal Failure" was quoted, but last Saturday, a "line incursion" was mentioned.
Currently no service Ormskirk - Preston, due to a large landslide at Burscough
Major disruption in Stockport area yesterday afternoon/early evening. Apparently originally caused by a broken down freight train but made much worse after a signalling mistake almost caused a 323 to crash in to a Voyager, end result no southbound services for an extended period, which later led to no northbound trains for an extended period on many lines due to return workings also being cancelled.
Any diversions via the Styal Line?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(15/12/2017 11:03)childwallblues Wrote:  Any diversions via the Styal Line?

Doesn't look like it. There's quite a bit of freight to/from Trafford Park booked to use it on weekday afternoons, so may not have been any paths even if crews signed the route.
150222 was noted at Manchester Victoria in the new livery today.
Both 321481/83 were in service on the Skipton/Ilkley/Bradford Forster Square circuit at lunchtime today. It is not unusual for one 321/322 to be allocated to these services but two is unusual. 322484/85 were the units at the usual layover spots of Forster Suare P3 and Leeds P1.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(15/12/2017 12:34)knutstransport Wrote:  Doesn't look like it. There's quite a bit of freight to/from Trafford Park booked to use it on weekday afternoons, so may not have been any paths even if crews signed the route.

I though I posted this at the time but at least two northern services were diverted as well as those of other TOCs - Virgin services were cancelled due to a fatality south of Rugby.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)