Current time: 20/04/2024, 05:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(26/09/2017 20:33)T42 PVM Wrote:  I see the Timetables for the North West are up now, must be a mistake on the Liverpool - St Helens Central/St Helens Junction one as says Buses finish about half 6 but its Rail Replacement anyway so should not be affected by the strike at all..

The replacement bus arrangement which apply for engineering works change on strike days. The Mid-Cheshire line has the last Manchester bound train replaced by a bus next week but that late bus isn't operating on strike days. However, earlier bus replacement services are operating which wouldn't have operated if there wasn't a strike.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
One thing which has had very little publicity, is that there will be a Preston-Ormskirk, and Wigan-Kirkby services operating on Sunday
(30/09/2017 22:51)N271CKB Wrote:  One thing which has had very little publicity, is that there will be a Preston-Ormskirk, and Wigan-Kirkby services operating on Sunday

It is directly connected to the Lime St blockade
(30/09/2017 22:51)N271CKB Wrote:  One thing which has had very little publicity, is that there will be a Preston-Ormskirk, and Wigan-Kirkby services operating on Sunday

Was no Preston to Ormskirk service a month or so ago when Merseyside Transport Trust had there open day as Burscough Station was closed.

This must be a new thing
(02/10/2017 07:45)E208 WBG Wrote:  Was no Preston to Ormskirk service a month or so ago when Merseyside Transport Trust had there open day as Burscough Station was closed.

This must be a new thing

But there was when Ormskirk motorfest was on on the 27th August
Here's the new live signalling map with the 4th track and Roby and Huyton stations.

http://www.charlwoodhouse.co.uk/rail/livesig/3
https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/...8644134913
https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/...1373048832
Are trains to Lime Street diesel or electric this week. I had assumed diesel but the Engineering Access Statement doesn't make any reference to being blocked to electric traction, but does refer to a shuttle service, which I seem to recall was the original intention, with connections at Edge Hill?
(10/10/2017 12:12)mikestone Wrote:  Are trains to Lime Street diesel or electric this week. I had assumed diesel but the Engineering Access Statement doesn't make any reference to being blocked to electric traction, but does refer to a shuttle service, which I seem to recall was the original intention, with connections at Edge Hill?

All 319s apart from 1x156

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)