Current time: 20/04/2024, 12:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(13/05/2019 10:06)boby32 Wrote:  I think they will be.

331s due to enter service on Leeds-Doncaster services, not heard anything about the 195s
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
156455 is on Liverpool - Wigan Stoppers today, Just left Thatto Heath going to Wigan.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(14/05/2019 13:13)T42 PVM Wrote:  156455 is on Liverpool - Wigan Stoppers today, Just left Thatto Heath going to Wigan.

Seen it mentioned on journey check that there is a short formation running on one of the diagram. It started on the Blackpool'S before switching over to the Stoppers and is due to be on all day.
(13/05/2019 12:17)DVG526 Wrote:  331s due to enter service on Leeds-Doncaster services, not heard anything about the 195s

I think the class 195 will be on the Liverpool-Warrington Central-Manchester Airport and Barrow-in-Furness to Manchester Airport services.
142051 is about to depart Wigan North Western on a stopper to Liverpool.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-48...ting-story
Political talk by Mayors who think that is what the public want. Whilst Arriva had a lot of problems last year with strikes and the new timetable nobody has noticed that deliveries of the new trains from CAF is behind schedule.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
The only remaining problem that's within Northern's control is the reduced/very unreliable Sunday services. Hopefully the change of some timetables in the coming months (September in the case of Liverpool - Wigan - Blackpool) will resolve this.
(29/05/2019 21:02)St Helens Rider Wrote:  The only remaining problem that's within Northern's control is the reduced/very unreliable Sunday services. Hopefully the change of some timetables in the coming months (September in the case of Liverpool - Wigan - Blackpool) will resolve this.

Plus the unreliable ticket machines and how the penalty fare scheme is being operated, with messages about penalty fares being displayed at stations not on penalty fare routes.

Plus regular ticket office closures due to staff shortages - maybe not in Merseyside but commonplace in Greater Manchester and Cheshire.

Plus poor standard of 'refurbishment' especially on the 150s with Ashbourne seating which are uncomfortable and broken in many cases, as well as looking shabby already.

Plus not arranging replacement road transport when the last train is cancelled or when the next service after the cancelled one is 2 hours or more away.

Plus not training conductors properly on off-peak and duo restrictions.

Plus not adding extra capacity to services on routes where Network Rail haven't approved paths for additional services and in some cases, like the Mid Cheshire, even reducing capacity.

Plus sending generic replies to customer complaints, which don't deal with the actual complaint
Anyone here travelled on the new Chester- Manchester Victoria - Leeds service yet! Ive seen tickets with railcard £4.50 Advance single and £8.85off peak day return from Chester to Manchetser Victoria

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)