Current time: 23/04/2024, 21:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(20/03/2019 18:30)mikestone Wrote:  Sorry for any confusion, but I quite clearly refered to the train that started in December, which was just the 07.51 Hazel Grove - Piccadilly.

It's not gone. It's moved to a slot 10 minutes later and been extended to Blackpool. The 08:21 has gone (which is only 4 minutes after an EMT service calls at Hazel Grove) but there's an additional service at 9am in lieu, so probably an improvement overall. There's also a switch so the 09:10 comes from Buxton instead of starting at Hazel Grove and the following service starts at Hazel Grove instead of coming from Buxton.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
As always it depends how you count it but in effect the 08.02 to Blackpool replaces both the 07.51 and 08.21, with an extra train at 10.03 - hardly sn improvement for commuters.
(21/03/2019 08:56)mikestone Wrote:  As always it depends how you count it but in effect the 08.02 to Blackpool replaces both the 07.51 and 08.21, with an extra train at 10.03 - hardly sn improvement for commuters.

There will be 4 services to Manchester in 33 minutes at the height of the morning peak, so commuters from Hazel Grove will still have an excellent service. Hazel Grove had an extra service not required in the May 2018 timetable because Northern got their paths approved for the Buxton line but didn't for the Mid Cheshire, so they needed somewhere to send the train terminating at Stockport, which they hadn't planned for when diagramming Hazel Grove/Buxton services.
I would stop digging if I were you - both of those Hazel Grove starters come from Piccadilly.
(21/03/2019 17:22)mikestone Wrote:  I would stop digging if I were you - both of those Hazel Grove starters come from Piccadilly.

Yet the service I'm referring to is the one that has been moved from 09:10 (a peak time train) to 09:30 (an off-peak train.) You were making a big fuss about a service being moved 10 minutes later so it can run through to Blackpool North and had difficulty explaining what you were getting at - 3 people responded and they all concluded that you were talking about something different to what you intended, despite your later claim that it was 'clear' what you were talking about.
A 158 has just passed through Runcorn East heading towards Warrington BQ
(21/03/2019 18:28)knutstransport Wrote:  Yet the service I'm referring to is the one that has been moved from 09:10 (a peak time train) to 09:30 (an off-peak train.) You were making a big fuss about a service being moved 10 minutes later so it can run through to Blackpool North and had difficulty explaining what you were getting at - 3 people responded and they all concluded that you were talking about something different to what you intended, despite your later claim that it was 'clear' what you were talking about.
That's because none of the three read what I wrote -
*Looks as though the extra Hazel Grove-Picc introduced in December has gone*
which was the 07.51. There is one less peak arrival in Manchester from the Stockport direction however you slice it.
(25/03/2019 11:34)MX12 KVM Wrote:  A 158 has just passed through Runcorn East heading towards Warrington BQ

Crew training between Chester and Earlestown has been happening on a daily basis for the past few weeks. Chester to Leeds services start in May.
(25/03/2019 13:02)mikestone Wrote:  That's because none of the three read what I wrote -
*Looks as though the extra Hazel Grove-Picc introduced in December has gone*
which was the 07.51. There is one less peak arrival in Manchester from the Stockport direction however you slice it.

However many times you argue the point you didn't originally say what service you were referring to. You obviously think everyone knows the full May 2018 and Dec 2018 timetables off by heart when they don't.
142031 and 142035 are on Liverpool - Wigan Stoppers today

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)