Current time: 19/04/2024, 23:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(07/02/2019 09:38)BlukeMalarkey Wrote:  It is too late to change anything for Saturday without causing internal chaos, confusion and delay. It would lead to a big job for NwR MK and Northern to get rid of all the cancellations and then put alterations to services affected by engineering blocks. Emergency rostering and VSTP services would put pressure to that with staff not finding out their services until 1-2 days before they are due to operate.

Not to mention Arriva Transport Solutions will have to liaise with dozens of bus/coach companies to get rid of strike buses and then put rail replacement buses back in.

So, in short, no - Northern can't revert to a normal timetable or add additional services. Expect normal service from 16th Feb.

You completely misunderstood what I was getting at. I was referring to adding in some services which wouldn't have run on a strike day but should run on a Saturday. Therefore, references to asking Arriva Transport Solutions to cancel all replacement buses or trying to work out a revised Saturday timetable for diagrams affected by engineering works are not relevant to the point I was making.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Things are looking up for Northern. As well as the suspension of strikes, have just read on another forum of electric trains running this morning on the Bolton corridor.
(11/02/2019 09:03)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Things are looking up for Northern. As well as the suspension of strikes, have just read on another forum of electric trains running this morning on the Bolton corridor.

I don't read the MEN on my phone but a BBC link tonight showed a headline of "this is what one platform at Piccadilly looks like tonight". As both the 1719 & 1732 HVL trains were short formed with both jnys carrying warnings of overcrowding and delays, I'm guessing Northern were heavily implicated in whatever was happening. the
(11/02/2019 09:03)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Things are looking up for Northern. As well as the suspension of strikes, have just read on another forum of electric trains running this morning on the Bolton corridor.

Yes there were three diagrams that went over to electric trains yesterday. All 319 operated they were a Blaclpool North to Piccadilly, Preston to Manchester Airport and Victoria to Buckshaw Parkway. The units were 319368/65/61.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Reported on another website is that staff training on 195s is to commence tomorrow at Allerton. Eventually there will also be classrooms additionally at Blackpool North and Leyland.
The priority will be to get the 195s in service on the Barrow to Manchester Airport service in May.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Class 319 at Bolton station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzHHtfmBSrw
142056 and 142052 are going to work the 08:21 Wigan - Liverpool Service

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(13/02/2019 08:10)T42 PVM Wrote:  142056 and 142052 are going to work the 08:21 Wigan - Liverpool Service

Must be a shortage of 319s now the Bolton corridor is using EMU traction as 142 060 / 142 030 worked 1N81 0736 LIV - BPN, a long with the aforementioned 142 056 / 142 056 which went on to work 2A95 0928 LIV - CRE.
Which 319 is coming from Wolverton Centre Sidings to Allerton Depot?

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/Y1...5/advanced
Nothing - as you can see its a WTT path. Even when one is to move there is no guarantee that that path will be used, this is just one of hundreds of paths cluttering up the timetable.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)