Current time: 25/04/2024, 11:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(30/01/2019 16:25)Y474 KNF Wrote:  769424 has been delivered to Allerton today

What 769s have been delivered so far?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/02/2019 19:21)darylyates17 Wrote:  What 769s have been delivered so far?
It is on this thread but just to remind you 769431 and 769424.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(02/02/2019 21:27)childwallblues Wrote:  It is on this thread but just to remind you 769431 and 769424.

Thanks bud
Have these 769s been properly delivered i.e. they can enter passenger service as soon as crews are trained on them, or are they actually finished conversions which are ready for mainline testing?
Certainly 769431 has required quite a bit of work which I assume Norhern have contracted to do. From what I have heard it is being reseated but I have no further details at the moment.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Northern have suspended their Strike Action

https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-suspends...7EfwG_U5XM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
But Northern claim too late for this weekend and warn of reduced service.
Even if it's too late to plan for a full timetable, they should at least try to provide services on routes expected to have no trains at all.
(06/02/2019 18:23)knutstransport Wrote:  Even if it's too late to plan for a full timetable, they should at least try to provide services on routes expected to have no trains at all.

(06/02/2019 17:12)mikestone Wrote:  But Northern claim too late for this weekend and warn of reduced service.

It is too late to change anything for Saturday without causing internal chaos, confusion and delay. It would lead to a big job for NwR MK and Northern to get rid of all the cancellations and then put alterations to services affected by engineering blocks. Emergency rostering and VSTP services would put pressure to that with staff not finding out their services until 1-2 days before they are due to operate.

Not to mention Arriva Transport Solutions will have to liaise with dozens of bus/coach companies to get rid of strike buses and then put rail replacement buses back in.

So, in short, no - Northern can't revert to a normal timetable or add additional services. Expect normal service from 16th Feb.
On a cynical note, i am relieved that we have a week's notice of the withdrawal of the strike action. I have been curious to see what replacement buses would run on the Stockport - Chester route. I can find out later!

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)