Current time: 28/03/2024, 21:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Tenders
RE: Greater Manchester Tenders
(02/04/2022 16:28)Metroline1511 Wrote:  So that seems to mean Diamond wiped out of south Manchester for now, as Arriva have the 247 journeys, Go Goodwins route 217 and Stagecoach routes 171 & 172.

Theyve lost the 18 to Arriva as well.

Diamond will be operating the new 254 which is the replacement for 84A
Stretford -Davyhulme so still in south Manchester on a much smaller scale!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/04/2022 21:06)Citibus Wrote:  Theyve lost the 18 to Arriva as well.

Diamond will be operating the new 254 which is the replacement for 84A
Stretford -Davyhulme so still in south Manchester on a much smaller scale!

Much smaller scale yes. It will only require 1 bus!
With Selwyn losing route 44 to Go Goodwin and route 382 to Stagecoach, it seems that they no longer have any TfGM tenders. This would therefore be their 2nd such withdrawal in just a few years.
(30/04/2022 18:14)Metroline1511 Wrote:  With Selwyn losing route 44 to Go Goodwin and route 382 to Stagecoach, it seems that they no longer have any TfGM tenders. This would therefore be their 2nd such withdrawal in just a few years.

Perfectly normal. Coaching and private hire work has picked up so they probably don’t want the mither. Goodwins set up a completely seperate bus side of the business during covid which is run by the owners son, while the owner concentrates on the coaching side.
(30/04/2022 18:14)Metroline1511 Wrote:  With Selwyn losing route 44 to Go Goodwin and route 382 to Stagecoach, it seems that they no longer have any TfGM tenders. This would therefore be their 2nd such withdrawal in just a few years.

Selwyn himself is well known for not liking doing tenders work, but during the lockdown and no coach work it was a way to guarantee income and keep the company running. Doesn't surprise me he's not carrying on with bus work
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(02/05/2022 07:18)NorthernCounties Wrote:  Selwyn himself is well known for not liking doing tenders work, but during the lockdown and no coach work it was a way to guarantee income and keep the company running. Doesn't surprise me he's not carrying on with bus work

Interesting fact. They were selling system one adult day tickets at the wrong price. It caused many issues for passengers as other drivers at other companies wouldn’t recognise the tickets and made punters pay again. Selwyns knew about it the issue but refused to do anything about it, so sold tickets at a loss.
(02/05/2022 12:01)Mayneway Wrote:  Interesting fact. They were selling system one adult day tickets at the wrong price. It caused many issues for passengers as other drivers at other companies wouldn’t recognise the tickets and made punters pay again. Selwyns knew about it the issue but refused to do anything about it, so sold tickets at a loss.

If the ticket said something like "System One 1 day AnyBus Adult" then the other drivers were wrong to make passengers pay again. It's not up to the drivers working for one operator to collect underpayments for another operator. If the tickets didn't say Adult and were sold at the child price then it's a different matter.
(02/05/2022 13:51)knutstransport Wrote:  If the ticket said something like "System One 1 day AnyBus Adult" then the other drivers were wrong to make passengers pay again. It's not up to the drivers working for one operator to collect underpayments for another operator. If the tickets didn't say Adult and were sold at the child price then it's a different matter.

As a driver you way up the whole ticket. I can’t remember what the Selwyns ticket said it was something like £5.80 but it looked odd and out of place. I believe Selwyns were informed and were not bothered.
(02/05/2022 15:47)Mayneway Wrote:  As a driver you way up the whole ticket. I can’t remember what the Selwyns ticket said it was something like £5.80 but it looked odd and out of place. I believe Selwyns were informed and were not bothered.

If the passenger had paid by card twice for the same thing then one of those transactions could be reversed by Mastercard/Visa. I don't know whether they'd decide the first or second is fraudulent but I do know it could mean a lot of paperwork for both Selwyns and the operator who refused to accept their tickets. Perhaps the jobsworth drivers don't realise that? Presumably if they put they refuse to accept the Selwyns issued ticket and sell a new ticket then the operator would get nothing at all for the journey if that card transaction is reversed?
(02/05/2022 16:15)knutstransport Wrote:  If the passenger had paid by card twice for the same thing then one of those transactions could be reversed by Mastercard/Visa. I don't know whether they'd decide the first or second is fraudulent but I do know it could mean a lot of paperwork for both Selwyns and the operator who refused to accept their tickets. Perhaps the jobsworth drivers don't realise that? Presumably if they put they refuse to accept the Selwyns issued ticket and sell a new ticket then the operator would get nothing at all for the journey if that card transaction is reversed?

I think once it was highlighted and we were made aware of the issue it wasn’t such an issue but Selwyns refused to rectify the issue.
Arriva continued to sell system one group tickets months after they were withdrawn, we were told not to accept them.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)