Current time: 20/04/2024, 06:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Tenders
RE: Greater Manchester Tenders
The change date for the 202 on Derbyshire CC's Forthcoming Changes page states 27 March, however on their timetables page, it states 4 April. The current timetable on both TfGM and Derbyshire CC states that the service is jointly funded by both.

http://www.derbysbus.info/times/tt_201_999.htm
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/02/2016 19:12)SF07 Wrote:  The change date for the 202 on Derbyshire CC's Forthcoming Changes page states 27 March, however on their timetables page, it states 4 April. The current timetable on both TfGM and Derbyshire CC states that the service is jointly funded by both.

http://www.derbysbus.info/times/tt_201_999.htm

There seems to be a lot of confusion over this with a lot of locals not knowing whether the evening hourly service is being axed or not.
The MEN article last week listed it as being withdrawn due to TFGM cuts.
(18/02/2016 20:02)Mayneway Wrote:  There seems to be a lot of confusion over this with a lot of locals not knowing whether the evening hourly service is being axed or not.
The MEN article last week listed it as being withdrawn due to TFGM cuts.

TfGM have withdrawn their share of funding for the Mon-Sat evening service as there is an average usage of just 2 people per trip. It would therefore be up to DCC to decide if they want to pay for the whole thing or just a Glossop-Gamesley circular... I assume if they do keep it, then they would do the latter.

It is a pity that the 237 tender is administered separately as there is enough room to fit the 202 circular element within the 237 if one of the directions was retimed. That would allow for an efficiency saving and substantially reduce costs.
Am i right in thinking that the 202 Mon - Sat evening service is going but the Sunday Service is staying?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(15/02/2016 06:50)M60lad Wrote:  Just to let you know Tez one thing wrong in your list is that 425 should be the following:

425 Oldham-Holts trips will be operated by Stagecoach instead of First

Apparantly not to sure on this but I've heard that First are retaining the Fitton Hill-Oldham section of the route, once I know more I can let people know as I know quite a few drivers at Oldham Depot including the odd ones on 425 roster.

The 425 is a strange one as it seems the Oldham - Fitton Hill section will be ran by First and the Oldham - Holts Estate will be operated by Stagecoach

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(19/02/2016 10:17)T42 PVM Wrote:  Am i right in thinking that the 202 Mon - Sat evening service is going but the Sunday Service is staying?

The Sunday contract is seperate and is unaffected at the moment but it's a bit daft having a service that runs till just before 7PM on weekdays yet runs hourly till 11pm on a Sunday lol.
(19/02/2016 10:05)Nicholas Wrote:  TfGM have withdrawn their share of funding for the Mon-Sat evening service as there is an average usage of just 2 people per trip. It would therefore be up to DCC to decide if they want to pay for the whole thing or just a Glossop-Gamesley circular... I assume if they do keep it, then they would do the latter.

It is a pity that the 237 tender is administered separately as there is enough room to fit the 202 circular element within the 237 if one of the directions was retimed. That would allow for an efficiency saving and substantially reduce costs.

The 237 is badly timed anyway. The timings running towards Glossop then back is often problematic and buses often run 10/15 mins late. There are a lot of factors that seem to have been over looked when they introduced this new contract last Easter. The traffic on Mottram Moore affects the early evening journey towards Glossop which then has a knock on effect on later runs despite the layover time at Ashton.
Double parked cars in the very tight streets of Hadfield is another issue, I've been on buses that have lost 10 mins trying to squeeze through very tight gaps.
(19/02/2016 10:20)T42 PVM Wrote:  The 425 is a strange one as it seems the Oldham - Fitton Hill section will be ran by First and the Oldham - Holts Estate will be operated by Stagecoach

Wonder which Stagecoach depot will operate the 425. Could be Middleton depot and interwork with the 149 or Ashton depot and interwork with the 344.
(19/02/2016 19:27)Dentonian Wrote:  They've always been two seperate contracts to allow for such flexibility. Splitting them in Oldham gives operators more oppurtunities to interwork them efficiently with other services, thus keeping the subsidy down (in theory).

But ends up costing the bus passenger in the pocket!
(19/02/2016 21:13)Dentonian Wrote:  Them's the rules! Take it up with your MP (its the Law, not TFGMC policy....although it might suit them individually at election time)

I'm not desputing the rules but when you look at contracts like the Sunday evening 169 then the passenger is the very last person that's thought of.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)