Current time: 19/04/2024, 20:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Tenders
RE: Greater Manchester Tenders
Do they keep the revenue off the tendered services or does the takings get paid to tfgm.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/05/2015 18:35)jimbo Wrote:  Tfgm tender report is out: http://www.tfgm.com/Corporate/Documents/...l-2015.pdf

So, looking at the document, it would appear:

*SLT/Diamond Bus gains the service 27, evening services of the 12/26 and Sunday service 95 from First.
*SLT/Diamond Bus gain the new 29 service (partly replacing service 31).
*Go Goodwins takes over the 79 from Arriva (as seen on VOSA)
*Stagecoach retain the 74 evening/Sunday journeys and 312 Monday-Saturday evening journeys.
*Stagecoach take over the 168 Monday-Saturday evening journeys from MCT
*Stagecoach possibly gained the evening 346 service from First?
*M Travel gain the 418 from S&S Travel (as seen on VOSA)
*MCT gain the 63 from First (as seen on VOSA)
*Stagecoach gain the 380/381 from First
*Arriva gain the 484 from First
*First retain the 501 evening service.
*Rosso gain the Monday-Saturday evening journeys from S&S Travel.
*Checkmate retain the 303-305 services.
(14/05/2015 21:15)SF07 Wrote:  So, looking at the document, it would appear:

*SLT/Diamond Bus gains the service 27, evening services of the 12/26 and Sunday service 95 from First.
*SLT/Diamond Bus gain the new 29 service (partly replacing service 31).
*Go Goodwins takes over the 79 from Arriva (as seen on VOSA)
*Stagecoach retain the 74 evening/Sunday journeys and 312 Monday-Saturday evening journeys.
*Stagecoach take over the 168 Monday-Saturday evening journeys from MCT
*Stagecoach possibly gained the evening 346 service from First?
*M Travel gain the 418 from S&S Travel (as seen on VOSA)
*MCT gain the 63 from First (as seen on VOSA)
*Stagecoach gain the 380/381 from First
*Arriva gain the 484 from First
*First retain the 501 evening service.
*Rosso gain the Monday-Saturday evening journeys from S&S Travel.
*Checkmate retain the 303-305 services.

M travel have also gained the 826 school service from S&S so unless I'm mistaken that means they have lost all thier public stage work.

Checkmate have also gained some journeys on the very complicated 345. Not sure exactly which journeys they are but it's good to see Checkmate picking a contract up and once again running out of Ashton.
I personally would prefer if all tenders were in the hands of small companies; checkmate, stotts even s&s if they sorted their act out (in regards to vehicle condition)
(14/05/2015 23:33)jimbo Wrote:  I personally would prefer if all tenders were in the hands of small companies; checkmate, stotts even s&s if they sorted their act out (in regards to vehicle condition)

Speaking as an enthusiast I agree - liveries and vehicle types

However, as a passenger, the certainty offered by larger operator compared to the ever lengthening list of smaller companies that have failed 'overnight' in several instances in recent months says otherwise
(15/05/2015 06:04)DVL418 Wrote:  Speaking as an enthusiast I agree - liveries and vehicle types

However, as a passenger, the certainty offered by larger operator compared to the ever lengthening list of smaller companies that have failed 'overnight' in several instances in recent months says otherwise

I would tend to agree with Jimbo. Old school independants like Stotts, Checkmate and Go Goodwins do sterling jobs operating tenders and in all the years I've used and followed Stotts I've never had problems with them.
However there is one independant who has recently gained a number of tenders in the Tameside area that I now have the opposite opinion of. They seem to be struggling with the amount of work they have taken on and from a personal point of Vue (I use their services most days), standards have seriously started to drop since April 12th.

In terms of cost though bigger companies offer better value for money for the passenger. Take the evening 348/350. I have a work collegue who uses the 350 every evening and since April has had to use a system 1 weekly instead of a First weekly. Yes it's costing slightly more but she reckons the service is much more reliable in the hands of stagecoach.
Are you able to confirm what the reduced change is regarding the 501? I only ask as i know a Forum member on here relys on the Evening (Tendered) Service to get to/from work

Cheers

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Cheers for that

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
SLT/Diamond Bus registrations for their new July services have appeared on VOSA today. Confirmation that they'll run the following journeys:

*12: Evenings between Atherton and Manchester
*26: Weekday and Sunday evenings (First to run Saturday evening commercially)
*27: Monday-Saturday daytime
*29: New daily daytime service between Farnworth and Salford Shopping Centre via Walkden and Swinton (partly replacing service 31)
*95: Sunday daytime service.
So looks like SLT/Diamond Bus will now have a presence in the City Centre.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)