Current time: 23/04/2024, 09:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wirral Bus Network Review
RE: Wirral Bus Network Review
We've got got htl in sthelens bring back hàttons
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
There Are 8 Drop ins Currently But there Could Be More

The Confirmed Drop ins Are As Followed

Monday 27th February, 10am – 3pm – Cherry Tree Shopping Centre

Thursday 2nd March, 10am – 3pm – Heswall Tesco

Friday 3rd March, 10am – 3pm – Birkenhead Bus Station

Tuesday 7th March, 10am – 3pm – West Kirby Rail Station

Thursday 9th March, 10am – 3pm – Birkenhead Bus Station

Monday 13th March, 10am – 3pm – Queen Square Travel Centre, Liverpool

Thursday 16th March, 10am – 3pm – Croft Retail Park, Bromborough*

Monday 20th March, 10am – 3pm – Heswall Bus Station*

Codes: * This is an outdoor event and is subject to weather conditions.
I wonder what will happen to the 901! This service is one of the longest running merseytravel tendered services. It is always well used and can't really be tagged onto any other commercial service easily.

View my flickr http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/104753198@N08/ my flickr account.
The 40 and 40A ex 240 242 service was elmagmented into the 38A a while ago well before the Wirral Bus review.

View my flickr http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/104753198@N08/ my flickr account.
(25/02/2017 09:56)WAITING FOR THE 437 Wrote:  The 40 and 40A ex 240 242 service was elmagmented into the 38A a while ago well before the Wirral Bus review.

Hope the 293 doesn't get withdrawn as now with winter not as many people use it but then again the 93 Got withdrawn for some reason even though it was a successful route
One thing I'd like to see from this review is the 418/419 to be rerouted to serve New Brighton like it's evening and Sunday timetable. They both have a pvr of 6 so can't really see a problem. The only issue of rerouting this service is the link from Laird Street to woodside for drivers but the 495 could extend from Borough Road to Woodside to maintain the link

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(25/02/2017 09:54)WAITING FOR THE 437 Wrote:  I wonder what will happen to the 901! This service is one of the longest running merseytravel tendered services. It is always well used and can't really be tagged onto any other commercial service easily.

901 has to stay certainly during the day at least with earlier starting times, they're parts of that route that's not served by commercial services
(25/02/2017 14:57)busdude Wrote:  One thing I'd like to see from this review is the 418/419 to be rerouted to serve New Brighton like it's evening and Sunday timetable. They both have a pvr of 6 so can't really see a problem. The only issue of rerouting this service is the link from Laird Street to woodside for drivers but the 495 could extend from Borough Road to Woodside to maintain the link

You do know the 418/419 are commercial services, it's up to Arriva to decide whether or not to change them, not Merseytravel. The network review is for Merseytravel tendered routes only.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(25/02/2017 14:57)busdude Wrote:  One thing I'd like to see from this review is the 418/419 to be rerouted to serve New Brighton like it's evening and Sunday timetable. They both have a pvr of 6 so can't really see a problem. The only issue of rerouting this service is the link from Laird Street to woodside for drivers but the 495 could extend from Borough Road to Woodside to maintain the link

I can't see the 418/419 being rerouted since Avon Buses 10/10A From New Brighton To Arrowe Park Are So Popular already during the day and the 418/419 go the same way As The 10A Except From The Beachwood Estate. not many people get on the 118/119 on a Sunday Between Arrowe Park And New Brighton As when The 118/119 gets to Arrowe park it's Already packed But When The 10/10A Arrive Lots Of people get on At Arrowe park
I hope the 181,174 or 175 don't get withdrawn As They are good services but not as many people using them now they where more busy last year
(25/02/2017 09:56)WAITING FOR THE 437 Wrote:  The 40 and 40A ex 240 242 service was elmagmented into the 38A a while ago well before the Wirral Bus review.

To be honest how many of the routes in this review are running under de-minimus payments from merseytravel for certain sections of routes ?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)