Current time: 24/04/2024, 11:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wirral Bus Network Review
RE: Wirral Bus Network Review
(02/08/2017 14:15)SSS871 Wrote:  There isn't anywhere to turn the 10 around at Mill Lane is there? IMO it would have been easier/more reliable to curtail the short at Liscard.

After checking the route description in the timetable, and seeing one in service today, it would seem it operates a loop (via Torrington Road) that unfortunately isn't displayed on the route map.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Merseytravel have made a right botched job of the new 1,1A,1B & 1C routes replacing the 901 and 106! Lots of confused passengers, the routes don't make sense and also don't link with the trains at Moreton or Leasowe! Well done Merseytravel! Also many bungalows in the bottom end of Saughall Massie are no longer served as the 1B which is now hourly only goes down Borrowdale Road and Overchurch to the shops opposite the Willows and then back up towards Moreton!

View my flickr http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/104753198@N08/ my flickr account.
As we come up to the two week mark for the new service regime on Wirral I'd be interested to hear what people's experiences of the new services/changes have been.

One route that keeps coming up is the withdrawal of the 403 as the loss of two buses between Moreton and Wallasey Village at school time has led to full buses leaving passengers stranded on the Leasowe Estate.
Seen a report on the Wirral Globe that part of the former 901 route is to be re-introduced on the new 1B. The lower half of Saughall Massie Road, and Saughall Road by the Saughall Pub will now be served following pressure from local residents. This will be hanged in April however it will remain at an hourly service rather than the 30 min day time Mon-Sat service that the 901 provided. Makes you wonder why they changed the 901 at all. Could have just kept the route and reduced the frequency to save funds.

View my flickr http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/104753198@N08/ my flickr account.
(07/03/2018 20:56)WAITING FOR THE 437 Wrote:  Seen a report on the Wirral Globe that part of the former 901 route is to be re-introduced on the new 1B. The lower half of Saughall Massie Road, and Saughall Road by the Saughall Pub will now be served following pressure from local residents. This will be hanged in April however it will remain at an hourly service rather than the 30 min day time Mon-Sat service that the 901 provided. Makes you wonder why they changed the 901 at all. Could have just kept the route and reduced the frequency to save funds.

There may be more changes over coming months heard there was something with Merseytravel, Locals and Politition at Myllenium Centre in Leasowe last week to get 106 reinstated back to Leasowe or Moreton

Also resedents in Eastham want something to Arrowe Park so possibly the 18's and 19s may return but who knows
(08/03/2018 01:32)E208 WBG Wrote:  There may be more changes over coming months heard there was something with Merseytravel, Locals and Politition at Myllenium Centre in Leasowe last week to get 106 reinstated back to Leasowe or Moreton

Also resedents in Eastham want something to Arrowe Park so possibly the 18's and 19s may return but who knows

I can actually see the 418 being withdrawn , the other day at the Halfway House there was just one person on the bus , i think this service is only continuing because of probable opposition from local councillors on the route . Stagecoach now have South Wirral sewn up Arriva will not get a look in again.
(08/03/2018 16:09)wirralbus Wrote:  I can actually see the 418 being withdrawn , the other day at the Halfway House there was just one person on the bus , i think this service is only continuing because of probable opposition from local councillors on the route . Stagecoach now have South Wirral sewn up Arriva will not get a look in again.

Doesn’t the 41 already extends to APH in evenings?
(07/03/2018 20:56)WAITING FOR THE 437 Wrote:  Seen a report on the Wirral Globe that part of the former 901 route is to be re-introduced on the new 1B. The lower half of Saughall Massie Road, and Saughall Road by the Saughall Pub will now be served following pressure from local residents. This will be hanged in April however it will remain at an hourly service rather than the 30 min day time Mon-Sat service that the 901 provided. Makes you wonder why they changed the 901 at all. Could have just kept the route and reduced the frequency to save funds.

Doesn't surprise me, the replacement for the 901 are a mess, & they no longer connect with trains at Leasowe. Would be better to bring the 901 back in full & have a 902 going through the Leasowe estate then Wakefield Drive, Leasowe Road & Pasture road to Moreton Cross

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Merseytravel are doing another Wirral Bus Network Review

They are currently looking for feedback on the current bus network and this can be done by an online survey or a drop in event

The Online survey runs until the 12th of February

The drop in events are on the following days:

30th January Birkenhead Bus Station 1pm-6pm

31st January Tesco, Heswall 10am-3pm

4th February Arrowe Park Hospital 10am -3pm

5th February Cherrytree Centre, Liscard 10am -3pm

Website Link: https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/news/net...-the-area/
(15/01/2020 21:57)Jw88 Wrote:  Merseytravel are doing another Wirral Bus Network Review

I wonder if the savings made will be greater than the cost of carrying out all of these reviews :/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)