Current time: 20/04/2024, 06:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
All down to cost. D&G drivers are on around £1.50 per hour less than Arriva Winsford drivers so over a year that is quite a bit less on a tender price

(01/04/2019 18:46)Redmikey Wrote:  So Arriva have lost their Sunday routes in Northwich and it wasn't mentioned on their website or social media feeds. Have they given up trying altogether?

Works for me
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Arriva are horrendous at putting on service updates. if it's a tendered service, you have almost no chance of an update. I don't know why but they just aren't bothered about social media. The social media team can't make any updates until they know the changes so I think part of it is a big lack of communication within the company.
(02/04/2019 05:59)iMarkeh Wrote:  Arriva are horrendous at putting on service updates. if it's a tendered service, you have almost no chance of an update. I don't know why but they just aren't bothered about social media. The social media team can't make any updates until they know the changes so I think part of it is a big lack of communication within the company.

The main issue with Social Media is Arriva's are based in Luton. They most likely dont know where Crewe is for example.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(01/04/2019 21:42)Rick Hunter Wrote:  All down to cost. D&G drivers are on around £1.50 per hour less than Arriva Winsford drivers so over a year that is quite a bit less on a tender price

Is that allowing for what D&G call an enhanced Sunday rate?
D&G Sunday rate is 60p an hour less than Arriva

(02/04/2019 07:25)knutstransport Wrote:  Is that allowing for what D&G call an enhanced Sunday rate?

Works for me
If I go to Winsford where will be the best bet to find the 3 Enviro400s?
(10/04/2019 19:01)darylyates17 Wrote:  If I go to Winsford where will be the best bet to find the 3 Enviro400s?

Just recently there seems to have been a couple on the 84 (Crewe - Chester) each day otherwise they seem to turn up on anything; Schools, 29, 31, 37, 84, even the 1 in Northwich some days but its very rare to see all 3 out on the same day.
Best places would be either Crewe Bus Station or Winsford Town Centre, with the latter particularly likely between 3:30pm & 4:30pm if one or more is on a school bus. Be prepared to wait though because, if you jut miss one, it might take a few hours for it to return on a cycle.

Good luck
Solo 708 is back on home turf in macc this week.
From talking to a macc driver this morning on the 38 it would seem things aren't going brilliantly ATM.

Apparently gemini 4490 is off the road with suspension problems, 4491 is fine. 4489 stinks constantly of burnt oil & driver who had it earlier today said the battery light kept coming on.
(10/05/2019 16:34)33109 Wrote:  From talking to a macc driver this morning on the 38 it would seem things aren't going brilliantly ATM.

Apparently gemini 4490 is off the road with suspension problems, 4491 is fine. 4489 stinks constantly of burnt oil & driver who had it earlier today said the battery light kept coming on.

Not the first time Ive heard bad things about Winsfords Geminis

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)