Current time: 29/03/2024, 12:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
The 130 is all Solo SR operated today. There were also two on the 10s and another on town services. Where have the sapphire buses gone?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/11/2018 13:58)Redmikey Wrote:  The 130 is all Solo SR operated today. There were also two on the 10s and another on town services. Where have the sapphire buses gone?

From what I've been told by drivers, Macclesfield will have no longer have any big buses other than the 3 Geminis' for the 38. The 10 & 130 are to become Solo operated (which is why 708 & 709 have returned from Runcorn) with the displaced Pulsars going to Winsford where they are to replace Centros' (2608 & 2609 have already gone apparently) &, indirectly, some Solos'.
There was also a rumour at one time that the Geminis' and the 38 route would go to Winsford as well so that Macclesfield would no longer need any big buses in order to simplify the spares situation.
Are the Solo SRs big enough for peak time 130 loadings? I know they are biggest version of the Solo but they are certainly smaller than what used to be used, even when the frequency was half-hourly.

Also if the Solos are all at Macc what does that mean for the Northwich routes? I'm pretty sure I saw a Centro on a Northwich-Weaverham run last week!
(17/11/2018 16:11)knutstransport Wrote:  Are the Solo SRs big enough for peak time 130 loadings? I know they are biggest version of the Solo but they are certainly smaller than what used to be used, even when the frequency was half-hourly.

Also if the Solos are all at Macc what does that mean for the Northwich routes? I'm pretty sure I saw a Centro on a Northwich-Weaverham run last week!

Probably not, but there will be a considerable overall fuel cost saving, which will please the bean counters. The managed decline continues.
(17/11/2018 14:47)Olympian Wrote:  From what I've been told by drivers, Macclesfield will have no longer have any big buses other than the 3 Geminis' for the 38. The 10 & 130 are to become Solo operated (which is why 708 & 709 have returned from Runcorn) with the displaced Pulsars going to Winsford where they are to replace Centros' (2608 & 2609 have already gone apparently) &, indirectly, some Solos'.
There was also a rumour at one time that the Geminis' and the 38 route would go to Winsford as well so that Macclesfield would no longer need any big buses in order to simplify the spares situation.

2608/9 are at GL - probably just covering for Rail Replacements along with Cadets - but what is the long term plan for the Centros?
I haven't seen 708 around but 709 was deffo knocking about at crewe last week.

Macc need to sort the geminis out as their all becoming distinctively scruffy & tbh a bit of an embarrassment. The sapphire spec interiors don't seem to have worn well at all, when the plaxton president was used a couple of weeks ago a few passengers commented that it was a much nicer bus than the geminis.
(07/11/2018 08:40)33109 Wrote:  4489 was back on the 38s on monday. Looks scruffy as hell, the interior is a right state & looking quite shabby.

4490/4491 are both looking similarly scruffy as well. Was much better a week or so back when the plaxton president (think it was 4164 or 4174) much nicer bus.

I tend to find MAX Geminis in Leeds & Newcastle smarter than these Sapphire Geminis.
2931 is on the pits at Runcorn.
Anyone know where 2611/2612 & 2617 are today?
There's a decker and a Centro on the Northwich to Weaverham route today. Is it the route Arriva burns the least diesel on?

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)