Current time: 16/04/2024, 06:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
(06/07/2017 10:01)mikestone Wrote:  I would have though the 6 the last choice given that it competes with proper buses on D&G'S 12.

Reported elsewhere one is being used on the 6 route today.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/07/2017 23:19)B10B6514 Wrote:  The London registrations seem strange. I'd have thought Birmingham {Mercedes Benz) or Manchester (Mellor) ones would have been issued.

I wonder if the plan regarding where they'll be sent changed after the order was placed.
My theory was that D&G bought the Solos for the 12 after hearing Arriva were going to put new buses on the 6, and then Arriva realised that the possibility of leaving passengers behind when there was an alternative wasn't a good idea and decided to use them in Macclesfield/Northwich ?
;
(07/07/2017 11:31)knutstransport Wrote:  Reported elsewhere one is being used on the 6 route today.

4703 was indeed plying up and down the 6 today.
Took the opportunity for a little spin. Very cramped seating and poor ventilation, but a quick turn of speed (when it could) and ride quality wasn't much different to a Solo.
What was a surprise was a floor mounted manual handbrake, very 1970s.
I was walking down Edleston Road and as I passed the bus stop heard a girl with a pushchair say "I hope this isn't our bus" as 4703 approached, and then a lengthy stop while she collapsed the puschair.
4410 was on a short 84 while the 38 had a single decker. Given that the last time I was in Chester there were two Versa.s and a Dart on the 1 I was surprised to see it still had full branding.
Promotional launch of new fleet of Mercedes/Mellor minibuses outside Macclesfield Town Hall yesterday, with at least one out in service on the 4 to Upton Priory.

Here is a compare and contrast with the Solo SRs this afternoon at Gaw End Lane.
(09/07/2017 22:35)DVL418 Wrote:  Promotional launch of new fleet of Mercedes/Mellor minibuses outside Macclesfield Town Hall yesterday, with at least one out in service on the 4 to Upton Priory.

Here is a compare and contrast with the Solo SRs this afternoon at Gaw End Lane.

Interesting the two different light clusters on the solos
(10/07/2017 23:09)SNL 824 Wrote:  Interesting the two different light clusters on the solos

And the CCTV camera's
Sampled both 4410 (J100 ABW) and 4421 (K100 ABW) today on the 84 & 37 Lates respectively.

They're both very nice vehicles and are quite nippy when they get going, to have one on the 84 was a massive improvement to the Pulsar take-over that seems to be happening on that route!

Does anybody know if they're planned to be re-registered back to their old plates, or keeping the Sapphire ABW plates?
(24/07/2017 20:25)R311 WVR Wrote:  Sampled both 4410 (J100 ABW) and 4421 (K100 ABW) today on the 84 & 37 Lates respectively.

They're both very nice vehicles and are quite nippy when they get going, to have one on the 84 was a massive improvement to the Pulsar take-over that seems to be happening on that route!

Does anybody know if they're planned to be re-registered back to their old plates, or keeping the Sapphire ABW plates?

Very nice? are you out of your mind? Laugh

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)