Current time: 19/04/2024, 00:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
The auto-announcements only usually work on the route the Sapphire's are branded for from what I can gather although I was on a 130 the other week and the auto annoucements were not working on the Sapphire 130 branded so I'm wondering whether something has happened to them while they've been at Winsford/Macclesfield.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/04/2017 07:24)M60lad Wrote:  The auto-announcements only usually work on the route the Sapphire's are branded for from what I can gather although I was on a 130 the other week and the auto annoucements were not working on the Sapphire 130 branded so I'm wondering whether something has happened to them while they've been at Winsford/Macclesfield.

It is connected to the destination program so they would have been updated
The Runcorn ones stopped working when they were updated for the 21 & 79 route's
Another centro has pitched up in macc! Now that's 2 as 2610 has joined 2615.
Been informed by a friend of mine that there was an incident in Macclesfield Bus Station at about 16:00 this evening involving an Arriva Solo and a High Peak Solo, rear offside of the Arriva Solo was damaged and the High Peak Solo sustained a smashed near side window
I may have been mistaken but there was a new liveried Pulsar on the 82A last night, it looked like 2674
Sorry, just realised i put it on the Winsford thread in error
M60lad - i'm not that surprised tbh about an accident an macc bus station, it's a fairly cramped space getting buses off stands particularly if there's a couple leaving at once. Also with all the staff cars & vans parked up nr bay 9 makes for a damn tight squeeze swinging outta the bus station & onto mill street ain't easy!
(29/04/2017 09:12)33109 Wrote:  M60lad - i'm not that surprised tbh about an accident an macc bus station, it's a fairly cramped space getting buses off stands particularly if there's a couple leaving at once. Also with all the staff cars & vans parked up nr bay 9 makes for a damn tight squeeze swinging outta the bus station & onto mill street ain't easy!

Since Cheshire East council were formed the rules about what vehicles are allowed in to bus stations and how long vehicles can stay there seem to have been relaxed. It used to be the case that at Macclesfield Borough Council managed bus stations the bus had to leave and come back if there was more than 10 minutes between when it arrived and when it was departing.
I've been wondering with the current state of the 130, if it continues to get worse which it appears to be doing how long until the council or transport service solutions step in?

Usually if something gets this bad I thought they'd consider taking the service off the operator concerned. But it isn't all arriva's fault though. More recovery time needs putting into the timetable which no-one seems willing to do.

Also is it still arriva running the 82 northwich - chester or was it re-awarded?
(01/05/2017 09:52)33109 Wrote:  I've been wondering with the current state of the 130, if it continues to get worse which it appears to be doing how long until the council or transport service solutions step in?

Usually if something gets this bad I thought they'd consider taking the service off the operator concerned. But it isn't all arriva's fault though. More recovery time needs putting into the timetable which no-one seems willing to do.

If the problems are mainly with Mon-Sat (commercial) services then Cheshire East and TfGM can only take limited action e.g. keeping a close eye on punctuality and informing the Traffic Commissioner, then it's up to her whether or not action is taking against Arriva.

Even if there's problems with the Sunday and BH services I can't see the contract being terminated soon for two reasons:
1. There was a lack of interest in the contract, even Stagecoach who had the interim contract didn't bid for the new long term contract.
2. Terminating the contract early seems to be a last resort - look at what GHA got away with on the 200 service.

If Arriva go to Cheshire East and say this Sunday/BH timetable isn't working we need to review it to get a more punctual service then I'm sure Cheshire East will oblige - after all they've just done that with the 99 service after D&G said it wasn't possible to provide a punctual hourly service with a PVR of 1 (which was the basis the contract was awarded on.)

Quote:Also is it still arriva running the 82 northwich - chester or was it re-awarded?

Arriva still run it. I'm not sure if it's a contract or a commercial service though. Given some services needed to be operated by deckers even when it was half-hourly I imagine an hourly service should be commercially viable to run without a subsidy.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)