Current time: 18/04/2024, 14:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva NorHth West - Winsford Depot
I believe after a conversation with our opps manager at Winsford that 4172 is staying with us.
I hope that is the case as it is one of the best vehicles we have been given for a long time.
Drives well and has been refurbed to a good standard. We have been told that the intention is to replace all the DLA's with this type as they become available.
Nothing however has been said lately as to what will replace the cadets on the 84. It was originally Volvo B7's from Southport but I guess that we will have to wait and see.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
Copey what's been wrong with 4489? If seems as though the geminis spend a fair amount of time off the road for various reasons. Shouldn't be that much failing on em as their only 3yrs old.

Must say i'll be sad to see 4172 leave, its a really gd bus puts the DLAs to shame tbh!
Services 37/37a Crewe to Northwich. From Tue 22 April until Fri 25 April between the hrs of 0930 and 1530, Middlewich Rd between Sandbach and Elworth is due to close for Carriageway surface dressing. Services will be diverted via Station Rd, Moss Lane, Salt Line Way, Hind Heath Rd and Crewe Rd. No stops between Sandbach Common and Sandbach Railway Stn will be served. Passengers wishing to board and alight at Sandbach Railway Stn should use the bus stop outside the station entrance on Station Rd.Passengers using the 37A that wish to connect on to the 38 at Sandbach for Crewe are advised to alight at Lightley Close and cross the road to await the bus there as it is unlikely that the connection will be made at Sandbach Common.

Service 84 Crewe to Chester - from Tue 22 April until Thur 24 April Millstone Ln, Nantwich will be closed (southbound only). Services from Chester/Nantwich to Crewe will be diverted via Waterlode, Station Rd and Hospital St and will not serve the stops on Beam St and Millstone Lane. Delays are to be expected.
(21/04/2014 18:30)33109 Wrote:  Copey what's been wrong with 4489? If seems as though the geminis spend a fair amount of time off the road for various reasons. Shouldn't be that much failing on em as their only 3yrs old.

Must say i'll be sad to see 4172 leave, its a really gd bus puts the DLAs to shame tbh!

4489 was off with a coolant leak. It now appears that 4172 should be returning to Bolton by Friday to go on their school contracts, pity really.
Just wondering how often are double deckers used on the 84 do they appear on weekdays or are they mostly used on a Saturday?.

Also can i use a North west daysaver or would i need a North west & Wales daysaver?.
(22/04/2014 13:27)Busser Wrote:  Just wondering how often are double deckers used on the 84 do they appear on weekdays or are they mostly used on a Saturday?.

Also can i use a North west daysaver or would i need a North west & Wales daysaver?.

Usually VDL SB120/Cadets in the week with deckers used on Saturdays.
A North West day saver will cover you to Crewe and beyond, nowhere near Wales.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(22/04/2014 14:27)R557 ABA Wrote:  Usually VDL SB120/Cadets in the week with deckers used on Saturdays.
A North West day saver will cover you to Crewe and beyond, nowhere near Wales.

Thanks. Also i spoke to my aunty about a train journey once that went from Crewe and she said it was in Wales that's why i was unsure, I guess she's wrong Laugh
(22/04/2014 13:27)Busser Wrote:  Just wondering how often are double deckers used on the 84 do they appear on weekdays or are they mostly used on a Saturday?.

Double deckers are used in the week on 0755,1100,1400 and 1705 Crewe-Chester and 0925,1225,1525, 1830 Chester -Crewe.
All workings on Saturday are booked for double deckers except some of the later evening ones which get swapped out in the early evening.
North West day saver will get you from Crewe to Chester.
(22/04/2014 15:38)copey Wrote:  Double deckers are used in the week on 0755,1100,1400 and 1705 Crewe-Chester and 0925,1225,1525, 1830 Chester -Crewe.
All workings on Saturday are booked for double deckers except some of the later evening ones which get swapped out in the early evening.
North West day saver will get you from Crewe to Chester.

Thanks copey.
I finally caught up with 4172 on the short 84 yesterday afternoon, I echo 33139's comments about it being better than a DLA, then again it is newer and in my opinion it doesn't take much to have one up on a DeLAy (couldn't help myself)! :P

Here's a photo of it approaching Willaston https://www.flickr.com/photos/thomasharr...976659314/

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)