Current time: 19/04/2024, 10:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
Commander 2602 on the 84 today.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
A bit overkill on 130 tonight as SAPPHIRE 38 branded Gemini was in use on the route according to a driver I know at D&G who saw it in Wilmslow at about 18:05 heading towards Macclesfield.
(16/12/2019 21:48)M60lad Wrote:  A bit overkill on 130 tonight as SAPPHIRE 38 branded Gemini was in use on the route according to a driver I know at D&G who saw it in Wilmslow at about 18:05 heading towards Macclesfield.

Before the acceleration of the 130 demise (and when it was shared with the Wythenshawe depot) it held the status of Sapphire, was lovely buses and did well despite heavy competition in the Manchester - Parrs Wood corridor. It would have been ideal to run it on a tender agreement for the 44-style route instead of directly competing with the 50, but it's axe to East Didsbury influenced more passengers to go on the train or drive instead.

I do hope that D&G look into the 130 again. Despite the routes (Handforth Dean and Airport) they ran not being commercially viable against Arriva, they have an opportunity to take over and combine with the greater network they now hold in this area (in particular the 88) and hopefully reverse this trend.

Play City Bus Manager? I've compiled collections from different bus mods helpfully created by the community:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/dounowhoia...id=1364210

Play "Bus Simulator 18" on PC, check out my "Finglands" bus mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2122981042
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
130 still is Sapphire according to the Arriva website
(17/12/2019 15:56)mikestone Wrote:  130 still is Sapphire according to the Arriva website

Sadly the Arriva website is not the most accurate. They still have mentions of the 19A and state the 19 / 19A as an Altrincham to Manchester Airport route.

I also saw a service update page on the website within the last year that included either the ML1 or 18 in the tagged routes (sadly I cannot find that page).

Play City Bus Manager? I've compiled collections from different bus mods helpfully created by the community:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/dounowhoia...id=1364210

Play "Bus Simulator 18" on PC, check out my "Finglands" bus mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2122981042
(16/12/2019 22:37)dounowhoiam Wrote:  Before the acceleration of the 130 demise (and when it was shared with the Wythenshawe depot) it held the status of Sapphire, was lovely buses and did well despite heavy competition in the Manchester - Parrs Wood corridor. It would have been ideal to run it on a tender agreement for the 44-style route instead of directly competing with the 50, but it's axe to East Didsbury influenced more passengers to go on the train or drive instead.

I do hope that D&G look into the 130 again. Despite the routes (Handforth Dean and Airport) they ran not being commercially viable against Arriva, they have an opportunity to take over and combine with the greater network they now hold in this area (in particular the 88) and hopefully reverse this trend.

Quote from Cheshire East:

"We are disappointed with the decision by the operator to withdraw this commercial bus service.

"We anticipate that other operators will be considering whether to offer services over all or part of the route on a commercial basis. It is important to note that in law the council is unable to intervene in a competitive market."

"We are monitoring the situation and should no alternative commercial offer come forward, we would consider whether there was a case to provide a subsidised service on all, or part of, the route."

Seems to suggest they'll do nothing in the first instance and if none of the operators say they'll register it commercially then the council will look at an emergency tender.
(18/12/2019 11:15)knutstransport Wrote:  Quote from Cheshire East:

"We are disappointed with the decision by the operator to withdraw this commercial bus service.

"We anticipate that other operators will be considering whether to offer services over all or part of the route on a commercial basis. It is important to note that in law the council is unable to intervene in a competitive market."

"We are monitoring the situation and should no alternative commercial offer come forward, we would consider whether there was a case to provide a subsidised service on all, or part of, the route."

Seems to suggest they'll do nothing in the first instance and if none of the operators say they'll register it commercially then the council will look at an emergency tender.
'It is important to note that in law the council is unable to intervene in a competitive market.'
Very competitive market isn't it in Cheshire East. Alderley Edge left with no buses and the only other bus in Wilmslow is funded. Even at the Macclesfield end, there is very small duplication there with other routes. It's just an easy way for them to get out of funding the 130.
D&G have registered a 130 today to begin 27th January.
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/541907/
Is 4490 away being repainted according to the tracker its not been out since the 12th November.
(18/12/2019 15:56)Aarons Transport Pictures Wrote:  D&G have registered a 130 today to begin 27th January.
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/541907/

Macclesfield-Handforth only and no Saturday service.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)