Current time: 25/04/2024, 06:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
Well finally macclesfield have got their 2 missing geminis back! 4490/4491 both seen out today on crewe duties.

4489 wasn't out so was replaced by pulsar 2930.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Just seen a video on Facebook of a Plaxton Centro on fire in the Winsford area, total write off as its not much better off than the Solo that recently caught fire in Wales

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(13/07/2019 08:31)T42 PVM Wrote:  Just seen a video on Facebook of a Plaxton Centro on fire in the Winsford area, total write off as its not much better off than the Solo that recently caught fire in Wales

Which one is it as I still need 2611,2612 & 2617
(13/07/2019 09:11)darylyates17 Wrote:  Which one is it as I still need 2611,2612 & 2617

No idea, video was taken from a Distance.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(13/07/2019 09:11)darylyates17 Wrote:  Which one is it as I still need 2611,2612 & 2617

CX56CEK [2613]
Are there any plans to withdraw the remaining Centro's as their getting on a bit now? Also what if anything will replace this at Winsford or have they got enough vehicles to cover?
(13/07/2019 20:49)M60lad Wrote:  Are there any plans to withdraw the remaining Centro's as their getting on a bit now? Also what if anything will replace this at Winsford or have they got enough vehicles to cover?

At least one of the Centros has been given the new Arriva livery so I doubt the plan is to scrap them, unless the recent fire changes Arriva's plan.

The Northwich-Weaverham route is usually 2 x Centros but towards the end of last week I noticed it was 1 x Centro and 1 other large single decker. With the schools soon breaking up for summer and the colleges already finished that should mean some extra deckers are available for other services, at least on a temporary basis.
Have winsford still got the ex southport Volvo B7 deckers or have they gone now? Really could do with some spare permanent deckers at winsford.

2619 is the centro that's been repainted & had the interior retrimmed in leather seats. I know 2608/2614 left winsford ages ago so their a couple short.
I'll think you might find that hardly any buses will be withdrawn in ANW unless absolutely necessary for quite a while yet. Especially with the rumour that dB may want to sell
38 branded decker on the 1 this afternoon.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)