Current time: 18/04/2024, 05:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
Solos have been a more regular site on the 1 route this week and last - presumably due to the Centro on loan to Macc due to Macc being short of a decker.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2608 has just been MOTd at Southport.
(12/06/2019 19:42)knutstransport Wrote:  Solos have been a more regular site on the 1 route this week and last - presumably due to the Centro on loan to Macc due to Macc being short of a decker.

Think that'll be the case for a good long while yet as gemini 4490 hasn't been seen for at least a month! A driver told me the suspension was knackered so it's going nowhere for the foreseeable future I'd say.

In the meantime macc seem to have a centro on permanent loan, usually 2616/2617. Centros are mainly with the exception of a pulsar the only single decker that can manage 38 loadings.
Update on macc's decker situation today from a driver I know:

4490 has a knackered engine so is at winsford having a newun fitted. 4491 was apparently running round with low oil which caused some engine damage.
Macc have today got enviro 4410 on loan for crewe duties.
Solo on the 84 today - I trust a Nantwich short.
(15/06/2019 13:37)mikestone Wrote:  Solo on the 84 today - I trust a Nantwich short.

You'd hope so with Chester races on today!
38 branded decker in the Greenbank area of Northwich not in service earlier, presumably had been used on a school/college service.
(17/06/2019 16:22)knutstransport Wrote:  38 branded decker in the Greenbank area of Northwich not in service, presumably had been used on a school/college service.

That's brilliant news as means they've finally repaired 1 of them! Hopefully macc can have it back fairly soon.
Had mellor strata 4707 yesterday on a late night 38. Was actually quite surprised, much comfort ride than I expected plus they're quite nippy.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)