Current time: 19/04/2024, 20:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
Unusually there was a Centro on Crewe 6 today - I don't recall anything bigger than a Dart in recent years, although DDs occasionally appeared when Brookhouse first went breadvan!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Centros will occasionally make appearances on the 6 if there isn't a mellor or solo available.

Has anybody got a general update about any fleet updates etc or general news about winsford?
(20/02/2019 23:37)RedPanda Wrote:  Do non enthusiasts in the north west know what ABW stands for? Is there really any need to change them

I suppose if any non enthusiasts pick up on there being multiple buses at Winsford with registrations ending ABW they might think that's strange but I would guess any remaining Welsh wording from the buses (both internally and externally) would be more likely to give away that the bus has come from Arriva Buses Wales.
(23/02/2019 11:10)knutstransport Wrote:  I suppose if any non enthusiasts pick up on there being multiple buses at Winsford with registrations ending ABW they might think that's strange but I would guess any remaining Welsh wording from the buses (both internally and externally) would be more likely to give away that the bus has come from Arriva Buses Wales.

I hadn’t thought about branding, ads, etc but I’d hazard a guess at them being moved to another route that’s to be promoted when the time comes and the Enviro400 reverting back to previous CX58*** plates
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(23/02/2019 09:20)33109 Wrote:  Centros will occasionally make appearances on the 6 if there isn't a mellor or solo available.

Has anybody got a general update about any fleet updates etc or general news about winsford?
Apparently 2 Volvos are transferring to Bootle next week.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
That's mad, winsford haven't had the B7s long, soon they'll be back near their old patch as bootle isn't a million miles from southport.

Wonder if we'll get any more of the plaxton president bodied deckers again? 4163 I think it is has been brill so far. Pity as well that the VLWs 4215/4216 aren't around neither as they're both lovely deckers.
4173 should be running around Winsford as well

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(24/02/2019 13:08)33109 Wrote:  That's mad, winsford haven't had the B7s long, soon they'll be back near their old patch as bootle isn't a million miles from southport.

Wonder if we'll get any more of the plaxton president bodied deckers again? 4163 I think it is has been brill so far. Pity as well that the VLWs 4215/4216 aren't around neither as they're both lovely deckers.

To be fair, the B7s will be just as close to.where they started at Speke.
706 in new livery on the 6 today - presumably its absence the reason for Centro.s recently.
So Arriva have lost their Sunday routes in Northwich and it wasn't mentioned on their website or social media feeds. Have they given up trying altogether?

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)