Current time: 25/04/2024, 07:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
This is arriva all bloody over, the 2 & 9 routes in macc are fine there's no need to start messing with them.

They're constantly fiddling & changing things, what's wrong with having services that run well & leaving them be?????

On a positive note from mid 2019 arriva are finally getting contactless ticketing!!! Finally they've decided to join the 21st century at long last. It'll make life a lot easier for everyone & means we'll finally see the back of the bloody awful wayfarer 400 ticket machines which have given drivers loads of issues over the years.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/09/2018 16:48)33109 Wrote:  This is arriva all bloody over, the 2 & 9 routes in macc are fine there's no need to start messing with them.

They're constantly fiddling & changing things, what's wrong with having services that run well & leaving them be?????

On a positive note from mid 2019 arriva are finally getting contactless ticketing!!! Finally they've decided to join the 21st century at long last. It'll make life a lot easier for everyone & means we'll finally see the back of the bloody awful wayfarer 400 ticket machines which have given drivers loads of issues over the years.
Obviously none of us know the changes but what is to say the 2 & 9 changes aren't minor.

I can't wait for the contactless to come in. Very interesting to see Ticketer having another big order. They have well overtaken Wayfarer as the biggest ticket machine company. Ticketer seems to be putting on lots of extra features like the live tracking from the ticket machines (something which may help the Arriva app as the tracking a little bit better from what I have seen).
(13/09/2018 16:58)iMarkeh Wrote:  Obviously none of us know the changes but what is to say the 2 & 9 changes aren't minor.

I can't wait for the contactless to come in. Very interesting to see Ticketer having another big order. They have well overtaken Wayfarer as the biggest ticket machine company. Ticketer seems to be putting on lots of extra features like the live tracking from the ticket machines (something which may help the Arriva app as the tracking a little bit better from what I have seen).

Is it definately Ticketer machines? Is it just me who prefers the Vix machines that Stagecoach have - I find the Ticketers look very clunky and are slower than the Vix machines, is it just me?
The machines that stagecoach have are a lot quicker.
(13/09/2018 19:04)busesdotorg1920x Wrote:  Is it definately Ticketer machines?

Yes
(13/09/2018 19:29)MPTE1955 Wrote:  The machines that stagecoach have are a lot quicker.

I find that as well. Ticketer has a lot more options though. Things like the QR codes. For day tickets and week tickets, this can be a great help as it reduces abuse of day/week tickets and it could technically help you check travel patterns which may help when it comes to connecting services. Also, some of the reports are amazing. There are so many different things you can do with Ticketer and then the inbuilt live tracking. It links lots of systems and has lots of inbuilt benefits.

To add to all of that, there is the handheld version so for events or when they are promoting in colleges or unis like freshers week, they can sell tickets there and festival buses, Arriva can use them to reduce the queues to board.
(13/09/2018 16:48)33109 Wrote:  This is arriva all bloody over, the 2 & 9 routes in macc are fine there's no need to start messing with them.

Changes to 2, 9 and 38 may well be just timing adjustments, as a consequence of rejigged driver duties, due to the more substantial 130 change.
Possibly so, I can see why they've cutback the 130 tbh. There's buses like every 5/10 mins from parrs wood into piccadilly gardens so people needing to get into macc can jump on a bus from town then connect to the 130.

However if its outside the times some people need then they'll lose passengers due to them having to get the train instead.

When the ticketer machines are introduced it'll be a lot better as iMarkeh mentioned above
The wayfarer 400s have had their day now, they can't keep up & it takes drivers a few minutes to sign on which was better when ticket machines still had driver modules that werel removable that had each driver's details on.

Personally meself I can't see arriva lasting much longer, everybody is fed up with them. Their attitude towards customers stinks coupled with some of the drivers being the moodiest buggers around. Also ticket prices have kept going up & up, plus there's still the rumour floating about that DB want to sell their UK business so things don't look too bright for them right now.
Intriguingly the last day of route 130 to Manchester will be October 27th. This will be the anniversary of my ride on a Sapphire Gemini on the section due to be withdrawn!

Incidentally, Macclesfield will follow Buxton (and Derby) for losing their direct bus routes to/from Manchester this year.
(15/09/2018 04:36)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Incidentally, Macclesfield will follow Buxton (and Derby) for losing their direct bus routes to/from Manchester this year.

There won't be much left of the old North Western Road Car company at this rate.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)