Current time: 19/04/2024, 13:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
(07/10/2017 12:08)33109 Wrote:  Nice sight today seeing sapphire branded 4410 working the 130 duty.

As an aside 894 still seems to be soldiering on at crewe.

I'm not a huge follower of arriva, but I've noted a few sapphire deckers on the 130 this week : An unidentified decker worked the 0619 from east didsbury on Thursday, 4410 was out most of Saturday, and a 38 branded decker was out today.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/10/2017 12:08)33109 Wrote:  Nice sight today seeing sapphire branded 4410 working the 130 duty.

As an aside 894 still seems to be soldiering on at crewe.

Thought the Enviro400s were for the 84 Chester ? They were definitely a step up in quality but it hasnt taken long for them to go elsewhere has it. from what I saw, the chesters were all Pulsar worked yesterday, whilst in the week I've seen Centros & solos on them as well.

As for 894, are you sure ? I've never seen it on the 6 for weeks, that's now always a solo & a mini nor have I seen it in Nantwich on the 84s.
Must've been withdrawn then, been a bit since I was in crewe last.
Reliability on the 84 is taken a hit at the mo, delayed by roadworks on the A51 between Nantwich & Tarporley also delayed by sheer volume of traffic in the A51 just past Tarvin where 2 lanes merge to 1, the 3.38pm service from Crewe i was on yesterday arrived in Chester 5.30pm

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
There were two 130 Sapphires in Crewe Bus station together, one on the 38 and the other on the 84.
The 84 seems to have always struggled with reliability & it's timekeeping due to a few spots:

Nantwich - Loads of traffic & it's always fairly slow moving in places.

Tarvin & Tarporley - Both are quite small villages so trying to shoehorn a bus through certain gaps due to people's mental parking makes it tricky.

Then chester itself usually seems to have a lot of traffic even during the middle of the day it can be a real crawl.
I noticed a Wright Pulsar with a registration starting MX09 in normal Arriva livery on the 130 earlier in the week.
(15/10/2017 11:32)knutstransport Wrote:  I noticed a Wright Pulsar with a registration starting MX09 in normal Arriva livery on the 130 earlier in the week.

2950 is possible as its the only original pulsar 2 with an MX09 plate based at winsford
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Yeah it was 2950 was on 130s a couple of days ago.
Seen today was another sapphire branded decker (looked like 4490) on the 130.

Seems mega overkill for a sun service!

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)