Current time: 19/04/2024, 21:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
2951 is on 37s today.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It's good 2951 is here, the pulsars are a big hit with the drivers. No more complaining about buses failing or breaking down etc which makes a nice change!

IIRC i'm sure 2623 was merely on loan to winsford for a while from wythenshawe, the centros are still limping along but noticed that so far only 2611 has had the interior refresh job done, strange when I thought all of them were supposed to be done???

Also if anybody has gemini 4491, you may want ear protectors! It's squeaking constantly like a feckin mouse, according to a macc driver mate of mine there's an issue with the chassis which is apparently what's causing the noise.
(08/10/2016 12:52)33109 Wrote:  Winsford & macc ain't having a good day today. Firstly 2623 failed on a 38, replaced by 2616 & spotted approx 12:00 being towed.

Secondly B7 decker 4104 failed with a fuel leak & subsequently replaced by pulsar 3159 which I'm now on to chester.

I see quite a few reports of single-deckers on route 38, such as 2616 and 2623 which you mention. I have yet to try a Sapphire Gemini on route 38 but may well knock the idea on the head now. In part compensation, I have done MAX Geminis in Dewsbury, Selby & Durham.
Metroline - You'll not be missing much believe me!

Once you've had a gemini that's that, they all sound basically the same. As for single deckers on the 38, macc do get loans off winsford from time to time to cover for geminis that are off the road with faults or just for maintenance/mot etc etc. If we don't get a loan it's a solo that covers, normally 706 is the preferred favorite for some reason, pretty tightly packed & cosy to say the least!
Notice in Crewe Arriva office window advertising for drivers at Macclesfield and Winsford "due to expansion".
Its no good expanding if you have not got the vehicles to expand!

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(24/10/2016 17:54)childwallblues Wrote:  Its no good expanding if you have not got the vehicles to expand!
It will most probally be with the 130 transferring to Macclesfield in January.
MM - Yh that'll be what's happening, confirmed by my driver mate at macc.

Basically the sapphire branded pulsars from wythenshawe are being transferred over to macc in january then they'll run the 130 instead. Why it's happening I haven't got a clue, not sure either whether it'll be just the new drivers who run the 130s or whether any existing macc drivers will be rostered them too.

I'd imagine probs just the new drivers, generally speaking the 38s have a particular set of drivers although other do work them as extra duties. Macc is also slightly odd in that we've only got a female driver nikki & the rest are blokes, normally wythenshawe & other arriva depots have a mix but not up here!
Well ive since been told they will be split as Wythenshawe will keep the manchester-Macclesfield ones and windsford will take the shorts.
This looks interesting as currently looking at the new 130 timetbale I've worked out that Wythenshawe drivers are now kept busy on 130s as all daytime 130s involve doing a Macclesfield-Wilmslow turnback before heading back to Manchester so the bus does the following:

130 Manchester-Macclesfield
130 Macclesfield-Wilmslow (Colshaw Farm Estate)
130 Wilmslow (Colshaw Farm Estate)-Macclesfield
130 Macclesfield-Manchester

With driver change overs still probably being done at Parrs Wood either on the way or on the way back from Manchester

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)