Current time: 24/04/2024, 19:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales
RE: New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales
The thing is, if we look at the Bootle DLAs then they seem to be hugely more reliable and I imagine that's largely down to the routes which Bootle operate.

I don't even think it would necessarily have to be a case of being used less. I think it's more a case of, after years of slow stop-start work in London, the DLAs are struggling with such a sudden switch to longer, faster work at the end of their serviceable lives.

I mean look back to when they were at Skelmersdale with more spares (which would support your idea of being used less VBG) and a larger variation of routes - they tended to be more reliable then as they weren't utilised on long, hard routes such as the 1 and 375/385 on a daily basis.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Its a shame really, they may make good open top buses, but the whole stigma with the open top routes are that they are operated by older buses, types that arent seen or operated in public service anywhere else in the area. It shall be a sad day when these are no longer operated. Hopefully preservation beckons for some of them!
I thought this topic was about new buses not old ones.

Cool Life is for living !
I am not sure that there is a stigma with older buses operating open tops as with some people getting on one is rather nostalgic, the last thing I want to do when riding an open topper is to find that it is a newer bus, the older the better really.
(06/06/2012 19:58)Its a hobby Wrote:  I thought this topic was about new buses not old ones.
Yeah, sorry about that! Got dragged a bit of topic with the displacement and potential withdrawal of DLAs by (nearly) new buses! As you were......... ;-)

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(06/06/2012 20:01)CX54 DKD Wrote:  
(06/06/2012 19:58)Its a hobby Wrote:  I thought this topic was about new buses not old ones.
Yeah, sorry about that! Got dragged a bit of topic with the displacement and potential withdrawal of DLAs by (nearly) new buses! As you were......... ;-)

Its easy done and guilty myself. Its a topic within itself Open top buses

Cool Life is for living !
I am looking forward to Hybrid double-deckers for the trans-Mersey routes and Hybrid single-deckers for the Runcorn busway. I plan to ride them on the same day, although I doubt they will arrive much before the new year.
Must be birkenhead's as they don't have leather seats just fabric

One thing that I don't like is the back end looks odd
Wounder if anything different inside
And who else is due some is it wythenshaw or Speke?
(11/06/2012 09:05)P450 SWX Wrote:  And who else is due some is it wythenshaw or Speke?
Speke were meant to be getting some; apparently, 10 of Birkenhead's Enviro400s are going there instead of brand-new Pulsar 2s now. I know the 10 'deckers are going there, however whether they're going there instead of the new buses is a mystery...

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)