Current time: 16/04/2024, 12:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manchester Airport Shuttles
RE: Manchester Airport Shuttles
(18/05/2017 20:22)James Frisby Wrote:  YJ17 FYB / C / E all entered service today.

And FYD went on the road today. Of note only FYE has the 3 door layout, the rest have two.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/05/2017 21:05)James Frisby Wrote:  And FYD went on the road today. Of note only FYE has the 3 door layout, the rest have two.

Thanks for that, do we know how many are due, and if anymore Enviro200's are coming for the summer? Time to get the camera out tomorrow I think
(10/04/2017 17:21)Solo40336 Wrote:  Enviro 200's YY17 GPK/GPJ/GPO were parked up at Hale Top House today in completely unbranded white livery with full airport spec interior.

Are these standard or MMC?
(20/05/2017 05:19)busesdotorg1920x Wrote:  Are these standard or MMC?

Standard models
(20/05/2017 00:34)Solo40336 Wrote:  Thanks for that, do we know how many are due, and if anymore Enviro200's are coming for the summer? Time to get the camera out tomorrow I think

As far as I'm aware there are no more of either are due, for the moment at least. The new Tempos should be found mostly on the 6 (Staff East) and 6A (Staff West), although one was on Jet Parks 3 as well yesterday. The Depot is also due to move next week, to somewhere in the cargo centre, so now is a good time to go because at least with our current yard it's easy to view what's in there.
(20/05/2017 19:19)Dentonian Wrote:  YY17 GPX/Z were in service today - again original style Enviro200s

All told there should be YY17 GPF/J/K/O/U/V/X/Z
(20/05/2017 14:13)James Frisby Wrote:  As far as I'm aware there are no more of either are due, for the moment at least. The new Tempos should be found mostly on the 6 (Staff East) and 6A (Staff West), although one was on Jet Parks 3 as well yesterday. The Depot is also due to move next week, to somewhere in the cargo centre, so now is a good time to go because at least with our current yard it's easy to view what's in there.

Is this a new yard or the original facility that faces the back end of the cargo centre?

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(20/05/2017 22:08)ant17612 Wrote:  Is this a new yard or the original facility that faces the back end of the cargo centre?

It's supposed to be adjacent to the original workshops, the area cuurently occupied by Sky Chefs, but the dividing fences are meant to be moved to give us more room. Even this is temporary though, in another 2 years we are on the move again!
I was on YJ17-FYC just after midnight on Sun 21st & it sounded shocking as if something was grinding underneath. It was doing it for 3 or 4 seconds at least twice every minute. Just as well the journey back to Staff East is only about 5 to 7 minutes long.

I was on FYE on Saturday afternoon & that was fine.
Plain white Optare Versa YJ64 DZL is seen parked up at the airport, a quick Flickr search shows it having been hired out to numerous operators in recent times so looks like a summer job.

The move of the operating centre seem well underway with the wash at the current site mostly dismantled now and a fair number of vehicles parked up at the new site. Will the operations and Maintanance both be done out of the new site now or is engineering staying in it's current hangar over the road?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)