Current time: 18/04/2024, 23:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Blacon Buses
RE: Blacon Buses
Look, I think we are all missing the point here really.

Do you have:

A driving license?
A CPC license?
A PSV license?
Money to purchase a depot or land?
Money to purchase fuel?
Money to pay drivers?
Money to pay for buses?
Money to pay for maintenance?
Money to pay for insurance and tax for the vehicles?
Money to pay for the insurance for the drivers?
Money to pay for business licenses?
Money to purchase the relevant licenses fundamentally needed to run (yet alone start up) a bus company?
The understanding of the Traffic Commissioners rules and regulations?
Understanding of basic business needs?
Understanding of rules and regulations of running a business?
Experience of stocks and trade, money and business?
First hand experience of transport manager operations?
Money for potential council charges?

If the answer is 'no' to any one of them, then don't bother.

It may be all well and good knowing that a bus can go from A to B in 30 mins and then allow the driver a 15 min layover, but it is what happens beyond and behind that is where you fall short.

Also, you need to look at whether a company is financially viable running. Your mentioned 'Tattenhall Ice Cream Farm' run is served close by with a local service already (7 days a week), so if passengers wanted a bus there then they would already have looked into that service. Only a small sprinkle of families (2 or 3 every month) use that 41A bus from Chester to Newton Lane/Tattenhall Road crossroads, totally not viable. You will not make even the slightest of profit, it will all be a negative turnover.

Companies like Stagecoach and Arriva won't play down to you and say 'well let's give him a chance...'. They will run you out of business before those wheels even turn.

I also noticed, in one of your posts, you said you will train the drivers. How will you succumb to this when you can't even drive a bus yourself? Pretty much all the managing directors and basic managers of near enough all companies in the UK hold a valid PSV and CPC license. You will need one for certain.

We can all have fantasy's, but some are a long shot and are probably best kept being dreamed about.

I am sure all of us would love to have the privileges of owning our own company and being given the title of 'managing director'. But unfortunately, you have to open your eyes and realize that it won't happen.

I am not deliberately trying to be snotty and shatter any hopes and dreams you may have, just simply trying to open your eyes to the reality of what your planning. My suggestion, keep applying at larger companies and work your way up. The bigger the company, the more likelihood of a job. I hope you find somewhere soon, if not keep trying. Something will come up somewhere along the line.

Hope this helps.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/10/2016 10:38)YK53 GXO Wrote:  Look, I think we are all missing the point here really.

Do you have:

A driving license?
A CPC license?
A PSV license?
Money to purchase a depot or land?
Money to purchase fuel?
Money to pay drivers?
Money to pay for buses?
Money to pay for maintenance?
Money to pay for insurance and tax for the vehicles?
Money to pay for the insurance for the drivers?
Money to pay for business licenses?
Money to purchase the relevant licenses fundamentally needed to run (yet alone start up) a bus company?
The understanding of the Traffic Commissioners rules and regulations?
Understanding of basic business needs?
Understanding of rules and regulations of running a business?
Experience of stocks and trade, money and business?
First hand experience of transport manager operations?
Money for potential council charges?

If the answer is 'no' to any one of them, then don't bother.

It may be all well and good knowing that a bus can go from A to B in 30 mins and then allow the driver a 15 min layover, but it is what happens beyond and behind that is where you fall short.

Also, you need to look at whether a company is financially viable running. Your mentioned 'Tattenhall Ice Cream Farm' run is served close by with a local service already (7 days a week), so if passengers wanted a bus there then they would already have looked into that service. Only a small sprinkle of families (2 or 3 every month) use that 41A bus from Chester to Newton Lane/Tattenhall Road crossroads, totally not viable. You will not make even the slightest of profit, it will all be a negative turnover.

Companies like Stagecoach and Arriva won't play down to you and say 'well let's give him a chance...'. They will run you out of business before those wheels even turn.

I also noticed, in one of your posts, you said you will train the drivers. How will you succumb to this when you can't even drive a bus yourself? Pretty much all the managing directors and basic managers of near enough all companies in the UK hold a valid PSV and CPC license. You will need one for certain.

We can all have fantasy's, but some are a long shot and are probably best kept being dreamed about.

I am sure all of us would love to have the privileges of owning our own company and being given the title of 'managing director'. But unfortunately, you have to open your eyes and realize that it won't happen.

I am not deliberately trying to be snotty and shatter any hopes and dreams you may have, just simply trying to open your eyes to the reality of what your planning. My suggestion, keep applying at larger companies and work your way up. The bigger the company, the more likelihood of a job. I hope you find somewhere soon, if not keep trying. Something will come up somewhere along the line.

Hope this helps.

Now wheres the like button when you need it! Could not of put it better myself

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Have you tried Peoples Bus? If I remember correctly he started off very young and might be more amenable to giving you a chance to gain experience?
Can I suggest that you look at the current Route One web page & read the report about how it took an experienced coach driver to set up his own one vehicle company.

Interesting reading.

Pete.
(20/10/2016 12:53)mikestone Wrote:  Have you tried Peoples Bus? If I remember correctly he started off very young and might be more amenable to giving you a chance to gain experience?
I havent for the simple reason of the travel however since you have mentioned that, I will look more in depth and try to see if I can make it viable daily upto their office. I doubt they would do any routes that I have though as they are Chester based. I can still look for more but it will be tricky.

(20/10/2016 14:25)pete tierney Wrote:  Can I suggest that you look at the current Route One web page & read the report about how it took an experienced coach driver to set up his own one vehicle company.

Interesting reading.

Pete.
Thanks Pete, I shall take a look.
(21/10/2016 09:40)iMarkeh Wrote:  I havent for the simple reason of the travel however since you have mentioned that, I will look more in depth and try to see if I can make it viable daily upto their office. I doubt they would do any routes that I have though as they are Chester based. I can still look for more but it will be tricky.

Thanks Pete, I shall take a look.

I was thinking more in terms of them giving you some experience of the real world of bus operation.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)