Current time: 20/04/2024, 14:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Blacon Buses
RE: Blacon Buses
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Do you have any experience in the industry or working at all?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Joe, I am young. Lets say that. I dont have any experience because no company will give me a chance. Even when I said I would do stuff for free of charge, they didnt want me.
(18/10/2016 21:21)iMarkeh Wrote:  Joe, I am young. Lets say that. I dont have any experience because no company will give me a chance. Even when I said I would do stuff for free of charge, they didnt want me.

Just keep trying never give up! Have you looked in to an apprenticeship?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(18/10/2016 21:21)iMarkeh Wrote:  Joe, I am young. Lets say that. I dont have any experience because no company will give me a chance. Even when I said I would do stuff for free of charge, they didnt want me.

All you can do is just keep applying, keep tabs on vacancies on all local operators. I'm currently trying to find work as well in the transport industry, again with no experience. But you can't expect to start a company having never worked in the industry. You'd never get a loan for starters.
They are all engineering. My skills solely lie in scheduling and that side of things. I have done loads of timetables for routes and all that sort of stuff. GHA would have liked me haha.
(18/10/2016 21:45)iMarkeh Wrote:  They are all engineering. My skills solely lie in scheduling and that side of things. I have done loads of timetables for routes and all that sort of stuff. GHA would have liked me haha.

They'd have took you on then as a volunteer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Another Forum member says Imark is still in School so to young to even set up a company anyway..

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
iMark has left school thank you. iMark is wanting to get a job.

(18/10/2016 22:19)RedPanda Wrote:  They'd have took you on then as a volunteer
Nope. I offered to quite a few companies but still no. It is silly.
There are people qualified to operate companys so they are not going to need a *Volunteer*

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(18/10/2016 21:45)iMarkeh Wrote:  They are all engineering. My skills solely lie in scheduling and that side of things. I have done loads of timetables for routes and all that sort of stuff. GHA would have liked me haha.

Scheduling is the easy bit. I've submitted suggestions to operators before and some of them have implemented my suggestions and I'm not qualified to run a bus company. If I win the lottery or the top prize of premium bonds I would consider setting up a bus company but I would be looking for a couple of experienced people to help with setting up and running the company.

You also have to consider marketing as if you just have bus times on Traveline and bus stands a lot of potential passengers will be unaware of the services.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)