Current time: 19/04/2024, 08:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

High Peak
RE: High Peak
According to the new D&G timetable booklet their £5.50 Network Return is valid for onward travel on High Peak services 14, 19, 58, 60/60A (for which timetables are also included in new D&G booklet.) I also notice the 58, 60 and 60A are now subsided 7 days a week jointly by Cheshire East and Derbyshire councils.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/08/2018 16:25)knutstransport Wrote:  According to the new D&G timetable booklet their £5.50 Network Return is valid for onward travel on High Peak services 14, 19, 58, 60/60A (for which timetables are also included in new D&G booklet.) I also notice the 58, 60 and 60A are now subsided 7 days a week jointly by Cheshire East and Derbyshire councils.

The 58 has been part funded by Cheshire for a long time (perhaps 15 years, unless there’s been a period In the middle where parts of it weren’t?). However a lot of the timetables made no reference to Cheshire’s contribution, just derbyshires. I’ve got a few paper leaflets that do mention Cheshire east.

Before that I’ve got some vague memory of it being funded by virgin trains as a rail link. If I remember rightly it was Cheshire (not Derbyshire) that took the lead in saving the link after virgin pulled the plug.
(10/08/2018 18:45)djb Wrote:  The 58 has been part funded by Cheshire for a long time (perhaps 15 years, unless there’s been a period In the middle where parts of it weren’t?). However a lot of the timetables made no reference to Cheshire’s contribution, just derbyshires. I’ve got a few paper leaflets that do mention Cheshire east.

Before that I’ve got some vague memory of it being funded by virgin trains as a rail link. If I remember rightly it was Cheshire (not Derbyshire) that took the lead in saving the link after virgin pulled the plug.

With the Virgin Link, I think it was run by Stagecoach and think it ran Macclesfield - Buxton - Chesterfield - quite a useful West Coat - Midland Main Line link.
(10/08/2018 18:45)djb Wrote:  The 58 has been part funded by Cheshire for a long time (perhaps 15 years, unless there’s been a period In the middle where parts of it weren’t?). However a lot of the timetables made no reference to Cheshire’s contribution, just derbyshires. I’ve got a few paper leaflets that do mention Cheshire east.

The 58 was originally excluded from the Cheshire East bus review of subsided routes because it wasn't subsided by Cheshire East.
(10/08/2018 19:56)knutstransport Wrote:  The 58 was originally excluded from the Cheshire East bus review of subsided routes because it wasn't subsided by Cheshire East.

I thought it wasn’t included because it’s a majority Derbyshire tender (like the 60), but you seem to be in the know.?
(10/08/2018 19:56)knutstransport Wrote:  The 58 was originally excluded from the Cheshire East bus review of subsided routes because it wasn't subsided by Cheshire East.

I thought it wasn’t included because it’s a majority Derbyshire tender (like the 60), but you seem to be in the know.????
(11/08/2018 09:37)djb Wrote:  I thought it wasn’t included because it’s a majority Derbyshire tender (like the 60), but you seem to be in the know.????

On checking it was mentioned in the opening pages as a subsided service but then dismissed as they were not proposing any changes to it, which is very strange if they provide any funding for the Sunday service as the general trend to the bus review was Cheshire East will not fund buses on Sundays, even to the extent they don't open Macclesfield Bus Station building for commercial bus services! The Altrincham to Warrington via Little Bollington route certainly got mentioned despite being a mainly TfGM funded service, with Cheshire East removing funding and TfGM re-routing the service at their recast, which happened a couple of weeks after the Cheshire East one.
High Peak cut back on their journeys on route 65 when Stagecoach won the tender for the main service. I now learn that they withdrew their remaining journeys last November. Do High Peak have a regular route for these Versas now?
There's a rumour High Peak have won the 391/392 contract with Cheshire East preferring their approach of high fares with a risk of lower usage, than MCT's approach of low fares to attract extra passengers.
(03/04/2019 20:21)knutstransport Wrote:  There's a rumour High Peak have won the 391/392 contract with Cheshire East preferring their approach of high fares with a risk of lower usage, than MCT's approach of low fares to attract extra passengers.

Ironically these were High Peak until Selwyns won them only last year I think.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)