Current time: 29/03/2024, 05:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

High Peak
RE: High Peak
High peak were operating the late eve rail replacement on the Manchester pic- Macclesfield route last night using a transpeak fleet 528. Didn’t know they did these.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/06/2018 06:18)djb Wrote:  High peak were operating the late eve rail replacement on the Manchester pic- Macclesfield route last night using a transpeak fleet 528. Didn’t know they did these.

They used to avoid operating evening services in to Cheshire altogether, presumably so their buses didn't get stuck at the wrong end of the Cat and Fiddle in bad weather.
Revised Transpeak timetable to come in to effect from 22nd July which will see the service run between Buxton and Derby only. I wonder if the enhanced Buxton-Stockport-Manchester rail service has resulted in the Manchester part being no longer viable?
(13/06/2018 16:42)knutstransport Wrote:  Revised Transpeak timetable to come in to effect from 22nd July which will see the service run between Buxton and Derby only. I wonder if the enhanced Buxton-Stockport-Manchester rail service has resulted in the Manchester part being no longer viable?

I've been on TP Buxton to Stockport a few times, mainly on the 14.30 from Buxton[12.50pm ex Derby] theres always been quite a few passengers already onboard going beyond Buxton, & is faster than the 199 which does the detour via Chapel En Le Frith & Whaley Bridge.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
I have done Manchester to Matlock when I had a weekend at the Premier Inn down there, it did seem fairly well used but on my return had to use the train from Buxton as the Manchester journey wasn't due time of travel. As long as the service starts from Buxton Station, with 2 trains per hour, it shouldn't be too difficult to connect into it.
Having looked at said new timetable, I notice a reduction in the later evening journeys (last journey from Buxton being 1800) whereas at present there is a 2150 journey back from Derby. Thankfully the service does start from Buxton Rail Station.
(14/06/2018 09:19)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Having looked at said new timetable, I notice a reduction in the later evening journeys (last journey from Buxton being 1800) whereas at present there is a 2150 journey back from Derby. Thankfully the service does start from Buxton Rail Station.

The 2150 (and the forming service from Buxton) were dcc supported and ended last month.

A good few years ago, one of the later northbound transpeaks became a 199 at Buxton (if I remember rightly forming the final 199 @ 2120 . That kind of arrangement again would help maintain options.
(14/06/2018 09:19)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Having looked at said new timetable, I notice a reduction in the later evening journeys (last journey from Buxton being 1800) whereas at present there is a 2150 journey back from Derby. Thankfully the service does start from Buxton Rail Station.

Best making sure the trains are running first at they're operated by Northern, given the current climate.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
They have also thrown in the tendered journeys on the 65 to Sheffield.
(15/06/2018 07:42)MTL0201 Wrote:  Best making sure the trains are running first at they're operated by Northern, given the current climate.

For some bizarre reason Northern decided to implement 2tph between Manchester and Buxton at the May timetable change, despite it not being a franchise requirement. Cancellations also seem to be rare on the Buxton line and even on strike days the Buxton line gets an hourly service over the whole line. It makes no sense when overall the Buxton line has fewer passengers than many of the routes which have either seen changes which are a franchise requirement postponed, or implemented and then immediately cut back again due to an emergency timetable being put in place.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)