Current time: 25/04/2024, 10:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

High Peak
RE: High Peak
Noted this morning on the 58, that 333 is the latest victim to be re-registered. Now B8 WER, looks like it's had a smarten up though tbh as doesn't look as scruffy as a few weeks ago, also got full round led displays now which improves the look IMHO.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
How long have high peak got left now until the stockport contract is due for renewal?

They seem to be doing well with it & getting decent loadings although timekeeping is still an issue with having to battle their way up the A6 & poynton is a nightmare in peak times.
Another Solar refurbished for route 199 is 694. Thus we have 4 so far, the others being 692, 697 & 698.
I've seen the solars, they look very smart. Aside point, do high peak run the 199 commercially & 392 or are they both contracted???

Surely the 392 contract must be getting near renewal now.
(10/07/2016 12:01)33109 Wrote:  I've seen the solars, they look very smart. Aside point, do high peak run the 199 commercially & 392 or are they both contracted???

Surely the 392 contract must be getting near renewal now.

The 199 is commercial except on Sunday's where it's supported in Derbyshire. I'm not sure if the airport contributes anything to it.

392 is contracted, since 2013 I think. Cheshire tend to like long contracts but I'm unsure on this one with it being cross border.
Cheshire east do like long contracts & the 392 is normally 4-5yrs or there abouts.

Good to see too that some of high peaks older solos are still in use. 332/333/334 are the oldest now I think but still look reasonably healthy.
Another refurbished Solar for Airline route 199 is 691, which I saw on Monday.
(10/07/2016 21:52)33109 Wrote:  Cheshire east do like long contracts & the 392 is normally 4-5yrs or there abouts.

Cheshire East trialled awarding 7 year contracts (with break clauses) earlier this year with 4 x 7 year contracts being awarded to GHA. GHA never started operating two of them due to a lack of resources and they didn't get far in to the new 19 and 200 contracts before they went in to administration. Any contracts for Sunday only services are usually only for 2 years - presumably to make it easy for them to withdraw funding for the Sunday service if passenger numbers drop.
True, I just wondered how long it'll be till the 392/393 contract is due for renewal. I guess it's a pretty certain bet high peak will keep it as there's pretty decent passenger loadings & they seem to earn a fair crust off of it.

Plus don't know where it's from but they've acquired or repainted a solo. In white livery & an 08 reg, anybody know more?
(31/07/2016 11:38)33109 Wrote:  True, I just wondered how long it'll be till the 392/393 contract is due for renewal. I guess it's a pretty certain bet high peak will keep it as there's pretty decent passenger loadings & they seem to earn a fair crust off of it.

It looks like the current contract started in 2013 and ends in 2018, not sure on the exact dates though. If it's doing well and council budgets remain as they are then there's a chance Cheshire East will ask High Peak to consider running it commercially when the contract comes to an end. Of course as with any contracted route if any operator decides to register the same route commercially then the contract will be cancelled.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)