Current time: 23/04/2024, 06:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

High Peak
RE: High Peak
(18/10/2015 20:34)Dentonian Wrote:  Does anyone have an up to date fleet list for High Peak? Such lists for both High Peak and Centrebus as a whole are impossible to find, as searching the web just produces "dead" links.

I understand that 591-4 have now left for the main Centrebus fleet, being replaced by proper Transpeak liveried 525-8. However, is 518 (not 519); YX63 ZVU a permanent addition to HP, or was it just on loan. Finally, I'm told a '65 regd Solo in Centrebus livery was in Stockport yesterday.

try

http://www.soes.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/fleets.html

its usually fairly up to date (and more importantly reliable).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I had planned to travel on route 394 from Stockport to Glossop on Tuesday, having been a Mon-Fri only route. However, it was withdrawn between Stepping Hill and Glossop last weekend.
(31/10/2015 21:05)Dentonian Wrote:  Stepping Hill to Glossop remains, its just the short lived Stockport extension that's gone. There is some uncertainty about the timetable at the moment, as no sooner had Publicity been produced for the 25 October changes, than High Peak revised/cut the morning peak timetable wef 16 November. Lo and behold publicity for this was on the verge of going to print, when Derbyshire CC decided they needed to intervene. So watch this space....
OTOH, if you are/were planning to travel on 394 (or indeed 199 or TP) off-peak, be warned delays caused by the Airport Relief Road works at Hazel Grove are taking their toll.

High peak had planned to drop two early morning journeys from Glossop on the 394 claiming they carried very few passengers and were not commercially viable to continue to operate. A Glossop school caretaker who used the 06.25 journey to get to work in Marple started a bit of a local campaign to save the journeys. High peak claimed there was no way the journeys could continue commercially. DCC state that due to the savage cuts they are unable to provide funding and then low and behold, MP Andrew Bingham gets involved, gives it a mention on his blog and all of a sudden the 06.25 journey is reinstated.

Now I've seen the letter Centrebus have sent to the campaigning caretaker and it bares no mention of DCC providing funding for this journey and suggests that they have simply decided to continue to operate one of the two journeys.
How can a bus journey suddenly go from being not commercially viable to the opposite? And isn't it illegal to operate a service/journey that dosen't pay for itself?
(01/11/2015 10:49)Dentonian Wrote:  Long-term it is indeed illegal to run even an individual journey that does not break even or make an operating profit.

How exactly does that work?

Hypothetically let's say route R1 has an hourly commercial service from A to B and back using 1 driver and 1 bus and is 15 miles from the bus depot and there's no competition on the route. Overall route R1 makes a profit but the 14:00 service from A to B and 14:30 service from B to A individually are loss making. Could cutting those two services not make the route loss making? They'll be a bus and driver doing nothing for an hour and there could be a reduction in patronage on the remaining services (if people can't make a return journey at a convenient time they might not make the outward journey by bus either.)

Then to make it even more complicated if the 14:00 service is loss making but the 14:30 return working is profitable, does that mean technically the 14:00 service should be cancelled and the bus should run out-of-service instead?!
(01/11/2015 13:40)Dentonian Wrote:  I'm not sure of the relevance of whether or not there is competition on the route in your example is, though.

If it's a route which 2 operators are running and it's cheaper to buy two singles than a day ticket or where a multi operator day ticket is available then withdrawing some lightly loaded services may have no effect on the other services.

However, if there's an hourly service with a gap and the few passengers may already have to wait a while for a bus and then have 60 minutes added on to their wait - I'd be surprised if some don't continue to use the bus if any other option for getting them from A to B exists.
Whoops! Sorry Dentonian, you are right that route 394 was withdrawn between Stepping Hill and Stockport.
Noted over last 2wks or so high peak have re-registered a few vehicles I.E.

332 - X232 MBJ now B8 WER

Also few others dunno why their doing this seems a trifle pointless just slapping another reg on a bus. Also some of the wright pulsars that operate the 199 have been getting repainted into high peak orange rather than red. Hopefully they'll repaint some of the optare excels, however think these are being slowly withdrawn???
(09/11/2015 12:48)33109 Wrote:  Noted over last 2wks or so high peak have re-registered a few vehicles I.E.

332 - X232 MBJ now B8 WER

Also few others dunno why their doing this seems a trifle pointless just slapping another reg on a bus. Also some of the wright pulsars that operate the 199 have been getting repainted into high peak orange rather than red. Hopefully they'll repaint some of the optare excels, however think these are being slowly withdrawn???

The last excel has been withdrawn already. In addition to the 04 reg pulsars, yn08 mro has Recieved centrebus livery and is on the 199 today.
(09/11/2015 14:26)djb Wrote:  The last excel has been withdrawn already. In addition to the 04 reg pulsars, yn08 mro has Recieved centrebus livery and is on the 199 today.

They're Wright Solars, not Pulsars.
(09/11/2015 20:40)Dentonian Wrote:  I understood 332 was now B5 WER - B8 WER being on sister 261 at Grantham - but I agree with your sentiments. I feel putting "cherished" registrations on service buses is making passengers pay for the Operators' ego. In High Peak's case, they could sell off the B5' B6' and B8' plates, and buy some seats for YN51 MJE. Its bad enough sitting on this junk heap for 15 minutes from the Airport to Stockport, so I can't imagine what its like all the way to/from Buxton.
As regards the main "Skyline" fleet, 690/3 were painted into Centrebus livery (and 693 refurbished), before the others were repainted in the modified, slightly darker, Skyline red.

I completly agree regarding the use of cherished registrations on service buses but the registrations mentioned abouts are completly pointless given that the Bowers name is no more apart from on the legals and licence so what's the point lol.

Also, with regards to VOSA and registrations etc, ive noticed recently on the VOSA thread that officially it's Eric Bowers trading as 'Bowers coaches', but shouldn't it actually be trading as 'high peak'?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)