Current time: 20/04/2024, 03:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Express Airport Transfers (Europe) Ltd and The Skiers Lodge Ltd t/a Easybus
RE: Express Airport Transfers (Europe) Ltd and The Skiers Lodge Ltd t/a Easybus
(17/07/2018 09:13)Depotosw Wrote:  They started off well in Shrewsbury but when the 436 was having trips dropped left, right and centre it became a problem. I have spoken to a few passengers on the 436 in the months after Arriva took it back on and some of the comments on dropped services, getting stranded in Bridgnorth and not knowing if the bus was going to turn up summed it up, they were happy Arriva were back, they had confidence and the biggest advantage was the livemap, it gave them confidence if the service was running late. I understand a large number of SCAT College Students were regularly getting stranded in Shrewsbury which got Shropshire Council to review the situation.

The Harlescott services operated fine for a number of weeks (except the Sunday work that barely operated) and then was dropped nearly two months before been deregistered with the TC.

Observations with the 2 which I see most days, they do seem to be running well on that service and are certainly taking the passengers out of Oswestry when on time. Cannot comment on the Wrexham end of the services.

Wrexham end is dead honestly, i dont see how they can even be in profit to be honest!

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/07/2018 09:11)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Ive been heard a few things into how but thats not for me to say over a public forum unfortunately .
As there new depot been registered and active now or is it still awaiting confirmation?
Oh, it appears it hasn't been approved by the TC yet. Their OCs are Chirk Truck Stop and Ennerdale Road Shrewsbury. Aren't you meant to have an OC in every area where you run a registered bus service? The services are registered in Wales yet no OCs.... They must have put in for an OC just it hasn't been approved yet.

(17/07/2018 09:13)Depotosw Wrote:  They started off well in Shrewsbury but when the 436 was having trips dropped left, right and centre it became a problem. I have spoken to a few passengers on the 436 in the months after Arriva took it back on and some of the comments on dropped services, getting stranded in Bridgnorth and not knowing if the bus was going to turn up summed it up, they were happy Arriva were back, they had confidence and the biggest advantage was the livemap, it gave them confidence if the service was running late. I understand a large number of SCAT College Students were regularly getting stranded in Shrewsbury which got Shropshire Council to review the situation.

The Harlescott services operated fine for a number of weeks (except the Sunday work that barely operated) and then was dropped nearly two months before been deregistered with the TC.

Observations with the 2 which I see most days, they do seem to be running well on that service and are certainly taking the passengers out of Oswestry when on time. Cannot comment on the Wrexham end of the services.
It is clear that the TC isn't hearing of all these events. Sundays you can probably get away with but dropping a service 2 months before legally deregistering it. The route clearly had regular passengers and got the word round that way rather than going through the council etc. Surely something like this can't go unnoticed by the council.

(17/07/2018 09:20)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Wrexham end is dead honestly, i dont see how they can even be in profit to be honest!
That probably has something to do with their timings. They cut so much time off, they are times a few minutes behind Arriva. Then like I said, they are off different stands at Wrexham so combined, they have set it up to fail on the Wrexham end.
(18/07/2018 02:59)iMarkeh Wrote:  Aren't you meant to have an OC in every area where you run a registered bus service? The services are registered in Wales yet no OCs.

Is Chirk not in Wales ?
The following appeared in the West Midlands N&P published on 13th July 2018.

PD1025479 SI
THE SKIERS LODGE LIMITED
Director(s): Andrew Martin
The Coach Station, Levens Drive, Harlescott, SHREWSBURY, SY1 3TQ
New operating centre: GLEDRID TRUCK STOP, GLEDRID ROUNDABOUT A5, WESTON RHYN,OSWESTRY, SY11 3EN
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 7 vehicle(s)
Removed operating centre: ALASKA BUILDING, SITKA DRIVE, SHREWSBURY BUSINESS PARK, SHREWSBURY, SY2 6LG

This is the same place that RJ's of Wem Limited used when they started services in Wrexham after the demise of GHA. The company at the time had a (theoretical) registered operating centre in Shrewsbury but their actual base was in Ruthin

Whilst most of Chirk is in Wales this premises on the outskirts of Chirk is just in England.

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
Joining the fleet this week is KP51SYR - Dennis Dart SLF / Plaxton Pointer (B29F) - <PHOTO> - new in December 2001 to Bolderson (Supertavel), Speke - (6/11) Home James, Speke, (9/12) Filers Travel, Ilfracombe.

For the last couple of days it has been used on the 64 Llangollen - Glyn Ceiriog - Llanarmon DC route and appears to be more suitable - eliminating the problems encountered when the Tempos worked the service and did not visit certain points on the route.

The hired Solo MX07JNU has returned to Llew Jones, Llanrwst

All registered services in Wrexham were being operated today. The 44 (Barkers Lane) and the 42 (Wrexham Industrial Estate) were more or less keeping to time during my visit to Wrexham but both vehicles on the 2 Oswestry service were running considerably late leaving Wrexham.

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
easyCoach.co.uk watch - Thursday 26th July.

Tempo YJ56WUD failed in Gobowen on Wednesday (25th July) and was towed back to Rhosymedre on the Thursday morning – it is understood that it will be off the road for a while.

Dart KP51SYR was to be seen working on the 2D alongside Tempo MX05EXZ. The Dart almost being on time when seen whereas the Tempo was some 10 plus minutes late.

With the Dart being moved away from what it appeared to be its intended route of the 64 Llangollen to Glyn Ceiriog / Llanarmon DC it was interesting to see that on Thursday 26th Tempo MX05ELC was allocated to that service. It was pleasing to see that contrary to what was seen on a previous occasion it did visit the Llangollen Health Centre, the Pengwern Housing estate and the Froncysyllte Memorial Hall.

On the local Llangollen Blog site http://llanblogger.blogspot.com- it indicates that Denbighshire Council are putting a back up taxi on the route to Pengwern until the normal service is resumed. An indication being given that this will be in August.

The two vehicles on the 2 Oswestry service on Thursday 26th July were Tempos YJ56WVV and YJ56WUE. In the morning both were running considerably late. The drivers of these vehicles take their statutory break when they arrive into Wrexham at about lunchtime when the service changes from xx32 to xx02. Strangely whilst the 1302 service did operate the 1402 service from Wrexham (and 1507 from Oswestry) did not. The vehicle involved, WUE, remained at King St and then worked the 1602 service to Oswestry actually leaving King Street a few minutes early. The 1502 service operated by WVV left King Street only 4 minutes late.

The 44 Barkers Lane service, worked by Solo MX07JOU appeared to be working more or less on time as was the 42 Wrexham Industrial Estate service operated by Solo LXZ6238 (YJ06YSE). Unfortunately this latter Solo lost its front number plate during the afternoon.

DLG817
(27/07/2018 10:35)DLG817 Wrote:  .
easyCoach.co.uk watch - Thursday 26th July.

Tempo YJ56WUD failed in Gobowen on Wednesday (25th July) and was towed back to Rhosymedre on the Thursday morning – it is understood that it will be off the road for a while.

Dart KP51SYR was to be seen working on the 2D alongside Tempo MX05EXZ. The Dart almost being on time when seen whereas the Tempo was some 10 plus minutes late.

With the Dart being moved away from what it appeared to be its intended route of the 64 Llangollen to Glyn Ceiriog / Llanarmon DC it was interesting to see that on Thursday 26th Tempo MX05ELC was allocated to that service. It was pleasing to see that contrary to what was seen on a previous occasion it did visit the Llangollen Health Centre, the Pengwern Housing estate and the Froncysyllte Memorial Hall.

On the local Llangollen Blog site http://llanblogger.blogspot.com- it indicates that Denbighshire Council are putting a back up taxi on the route to Pengwern until the normal service is resumed. An indication being given that this will be in August.

The two vehicles on the 2 Oswestry service on Thursday 26th July were Tempos YJ56WVV and YJ56WUE. In the morning both were running considerably late. The drivers of these vehicles take their statutory break when they arrive into Wrexham at about lunchtime when the service changes from xx32 to xx02. Strangely whilst the 1302 service did operate the 1402 service from Wrexham (and 1507 from Oswestry) did not. The vehicle involved, WUE, remained at King St and then worked the 1602 service to Oswestry actually leaving King Street a few minutes early. The 1502 service operated by WVV left King Street only 4 minutes late.

The 44 Barkers Lane service, worked by Solo MX07JOU appeared to be working more or less on time as was the 42 Wrexham Industrial Estate service operated by Solo LXZ6238 (YJ06YSE). Unfortunately this latter Solo lost its front number plate during the afternoon.

Thought the 64 was operated by the other dart? Or has the other dart become VOR
(27/07/2018 19:02)E208 WBG Wrote:  Thought the 64 was operated by the other dart? Or has the other dart become VOR

I assume by the 'other Dart' you mean SJ53AWX which was at one time used by RJ's of Wem and was one of the first vehicles to be used for the 64. If so I understand that it has been off the road for some considerable time. It is currently at Rhosymedre and in the process of being prepared for service so it may be seen again on the 64.

DLG817
(27/07/2018 19:11)DLG817 Wrote:  I assume by the 'other Dart' you mean SJ53AWX which was at one time used by RJ's of Wem and was one of the first vehicles to be used for the 64. If so I understand that it has been off the road for some considerable time. It is currently at Rhosymedre and in the process of being prepared for service so it may be seen again on the 64.

When i passed the depot on Thursday it was up on stands outside the depot
KP51SYR is out on the 44s today!

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)