Current time: 30/04/2017, 20:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Express Airport Transfers (Europe) Ltd and The Skiers Lodge Ltd t/a Easybus
RE: Express Airport Transfers (Europe) Ltd and The Skiers Lodge Ltd t/a Easybus
Personally, I think a stop on Hoole Road is needed like their stop at a CoOp in Shrewsbury. Hoole is where a lot of the b&bs are for people. It is enroute so no trouble either. Only stop if flagged down or requested. Just little stops like that will make the difference. Also throw it I to Ellesmere Port. There is a big market there for airport buses.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
GHA ran their 36 from Ellesmere Port to Liverpool Airport and did very poorly so there is no big market there

For Regularly Updated Fleetlists Visit The 2002 Bus Group Website (Last Update 11/12/16) Major update in process
For Blog Posts Containing all the latest visit The 2002 Bus Blog (Last Update 17/04/17)
Subscribe to me on Youtube For Regular Videos
There is a market for a quick direct bus not a slow one via all stops. There are regularly people asking on Pride In the Port for airport transfers. Manchester to Eport is probably a slightly bigger market.
The great X70 mystery has been solved.

Easybus will operate one return journey a day

AM Departure

06:40 Shrewsbury
07:20 Oswestry

PM Departure

18:30 Oswestry
19:05 Shrewsbury

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
(24/04/2017 18:40)Nwales Bus Wrote:  The great X70 mystery has been solved.

Easybus will operate one return journey a day

AM Departure

06:40 Shrewsbury
07:20 Oswestry

PM Departure

18:30 Oswestry
19:05 Shrewsbury

Well perhaps this will make interesting reading, posted on their Facebook profile. I know they are also using Oswestry Bus Station from this date also. So with the term 'Concessions accepted' it will be liable to take passengers off the ARRIVA 70/X70:

From 01st May we've made it even easier from #Wrexham General Railway Station to Manchester Airport 16 x every day with easyBus.com Fares from £2.99 one way & £5.98 return. Book NOW! http://www.easyBus.com
Did you know; from 01st May you can also use our service to travel locally between the towns of #Wrexham, #Chester, #Oswestry, & #Shrewsbury, on our route, for days or nights out, shopping trips, or to visit friends or Chester Zoo. Just buy your ticket from the driver. Concessions accepted!
(26/04/2017 11:52)Depotosw Wrote:  Well perhaps this will make interesting reading, posted on their Facebook profile. I know they are also using Oswestry Bus Station from this date also. So with the term 'Concessions accepted' it will be liable to take passengers off the ARRIVA 70/X70:

From 01st May we've made it even easier from #Wrexham General Railway Station to Manchester Airport 16 x every day with easyBus.com Fares from £2.99 one way & £5.98 return. Book NOW! http://www.easyBus.com
Did you know; from 01st May you can also use our service to travel locally between the towns of #Wrexham, #Chester, #Oswestry, & #Shrewsbury, on our route, for days or nights out, shopping trips, or to visit friends or Chester Zoo. Just buy your ticket from the driver. Concessions accepted!

The question is - how much do you pay if you do buy a ticket from the driver? Its also interesting to note that they are encouraging local journeys between Chester and all points south, but not to/from M'cr Airport.

Coincidentally, I also priced up a couple of test dates, based on Day Return from M'cr Airport bought in advance. I got £16.48 minimum and that was from the Airport to any destination. Noting that NX just get slower and slower, with Cheshire Oaks now added to the Zoo, so this service would be attractive in terms of running times but I suspect not in terms of "turn up and go" fares
National Express only send 1 bus each way to Chester Zoo and Cheshire Oaks unless the timetables have now changed. I can normally get a £6-£7 return with NatEx with my YP coachcard to MAnchester Central so Easybus are charging quite high fares.
(27/04/2017 19:36)iMarkeh Wrote:  National Express only send 1 bus each way to Chester Zoo and Cheshire Oaks unless the timetables have now changed. I can normally get a £6-£7 return with NatEx with my YP coachcard to MAnchester Central so Easybus are charging quite high fares.

As is normal for NatEx (and megabus for that matter) Daytrippers originating from Manchester get a far poorer choice than those coming to Manchester. I suspect the same will apply with EasyBus. Come to think of it, same applies to the Airline industry......and not just easyjet... but I digress.
Effectively, there is only one return trip a day for Mancunians, and that is a 1hr 40 jny in the morning and 1hr 50 in the afternoon. An Advance ticket for this Saturday would be £12 btw, but turning up at Chorlton Street on the day, I would expect it to be more expensive or even sold out.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)