Current time: 24/04/2024, 21:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Express Airport Transfers (Europe) Ltd and The Skiers Lodge Ltd t/a Easybus
RE: Express Airport Transfers (Europe) Ltd and The Skiers Lodge Ltd t/a Easybus
(29/03/2017 19:46)Dentonian Wrote:  I'm afraid I for one, don't agree. In an industry in permanent decline from macro-competition, the poor quality, innovationless internal competition has proven disasterous over the last 30 years. AND, as we have seen more recently, if large companies mount bus wars against each other, there may well be short term gains on the battlefield, but customers elsewhere will suffer.

Yes because the government led bodies have allowed the likes of Stagecoach to suck up lots of independants and larger ops taking away the DECENT compititon. We are both from Manchester so let's use East Manchester as the example. Stagecoach has been allowed to buy up all its competitors in that area taking away all the compititon. Now I know your going to say both Dennis's and maynes wanted out for different reasons but imagine if Stagecoach had been refused permission to buy Maynes and the ops instead got sold to Transdev. You still have a level of compititon in the area. You can garrentee the Stagecoach prices would be lower than they were!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
CB54BUS is Now in Easycoach livery. Photo just uploaded to the Easybus Regional Facebook page
(29/03/2017 17:15)CTL45 Wrote:  As for Mr Bryce, my view is that he had innovative ideas for GHA, unfortunately the company was in a state before he started and the lack of foresight displayed by the company directors only served to make his appointment too little, too late.

They had already gained a reputation of being a predatory operator by duplicating the Northwich to Warrington service which started when Mr Hyslop was in charge. Had they instead registered an Altrincham to Warrington service when Warrington Coachways had their licence suspended it would have made them look like the saviour operator and still allowed them to expand in to Warrington.
(30/03/2017 12:09)Nwales Bus Wrote:  CB54BUS is Now in Easycoach livery. Photo just uploaded to the Easybus Regional Facebook page

It seems to have been given the name Eleanor Butler.
and very nice it looks too! https://www.facebook.com/easyBusRegional...=3&theater
(30/03/2017 13:42)knutstransport Wrote:  It seems to have been given the name Eleanor Butler.

Any indication as to who she is?
(30/03/2017 22:21)acocker96 Wrote:  Any indication as to who she is?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Eleanor_Talbot
(30/03/2017 13:59)Daffy Duck Wrote:  and very nice it looks too! https://www.facebook.com/easyBusRegional...=3&theater

I do not like how the Orange goes halfway up the bus be nicer if it lined with the top of the windows otherwise yes it does look quite good and thankfully retained black around the windows and doors.

Unlike the Dart the repaint is done nicely and well lined except for that has unfortunately not gained black around the window and doors.

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
Yesterday (1st April 2017) was the first day of operation of the 64 Llangollen - Glyn Ceiriog - Llanarmon DC service by The Skiers Lodge (T/a easyCoach)

The two buses to be used for this service have been given names of the two ladies of Llangollen. As a result there was a photo shoot at Plas Newydd, Llangollen (where the ladies lived). Unfortunatley the Cadet had an electric problem and was unable to attend.

Some photos

1. Plas Newydd - LINK 1
2. Showing the name Sarah Ponsonby - LINK 2
3. At Chirk working the route - LINK 3

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
I'm hearing rumours that they have won some more bus routes. Bridgnorth 101 and others?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)