Current time: 24/04/2024, 13:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Express Airport Transfers (Europe) Ltd and The Skiers Lodge Ltd t/a Easybus
RE: Express Airport Transfers (Europe) Ltd and The Skiers Lodge Ltd t/a Easybus
According to the Easybus Facebook page from the 1st of May a new timetable will be introduced on the Manchester Airport Service.

Local Journeys will now be allowed with Buses will now serve Oswestry Bus Station & Chester Railway Station, however Telford it seems will no longer be served.

It's also stated that they will soon be introducing a new Liverpool Airport Service from Chester, connecting with the Shrewsbury/ Manchester Airport Service

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
PVR of 2 maybe the Tempos could be used on this and the Cadet on the X70 instead it leaves no spares for the 64 and X70 (not like the 64 can use tempos however) but seems like it could work...

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
(21/04/2017 00:23)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  PVR of 2 maybe the Tempos could be used on this and the Cadet on the X70 instead it leaves no spares for the 64 and X70 (not like the 64 can use tempos however) but seems like it could work...

Another consideration could be possible commercial operation on one of the Shrewsbury based routes up for tender change from 1st June such as the 436 (easyBus not on the Shropshire tender list as far as I understand).
(20/04/2017 22:38)Nwales Bus Wrote:  It's also stated that they will soon be introducing a new Liverpool Airport Service from Chester, connecting with the Shrewsbury/ Manchester Airport Service

Maybe that should call at Chester railway station? After all currently to get from the station to Liverpool Airport it involves two trains, then a shuttle bus from South Parkway which should change to one train and a shuttle bus once the Chester to Liverpool via Runcorn rail service starts.
Is there really a demand for such a service tho?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(21/04/2017 09:44)T42 PVM Wrote:  Is there really a demand for such a service tho?

I would think a minibus running Chester to Liverpool Airport could be viable, especially if it doesn't run when there are no pre-booked passengers. However, if it doesn't pick up/drop off passengers in the city centre then you don't have the market of foreign tourists staying in Chester or the market of people from places like Frodsham, Northwich or Flint who can get a train to Chester but have no decent link to the Airport.
Personally, I think a stop on Hoole Road is needed like their stop at a CoOp in Shrewsbury. Hoole is where a lot of the b&bs are for people. It is enroute so no trouble either. Only stop if flagged down or requested. Just little stops like that will make the difference. Also throw it I to Ellesmere Port. There is a big market there for airport buses.
GHA ran their 36 from Ellesmere Port to Liverpool Airport and did very poorly so there is no big market there

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
There is a market for a quick direct bus not a slow one via all stops. There are regularly people asking on Pride In the Port for airport transfers. Manchester to Eport is probably a slightly bigger market.
The great X70 mystery has been solved.

Easybus will operate one return journey a day

AM Departure

06:40 Shrewsbury
07:20 Oswestry

PM Departure

18:30 Oswestry
19:05 Shrewsbury

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)