Current time: 25/04/2024, 10:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Top Gear
RE: Top Gear
(05/07/2016 12:32)wirralbus Wrote:  It will now be for the remaining team to step up to the plate .

It may also be time for this show not to try to be a carbon copy of the clarkson version but stamp there mark a different way.

I wouldn't say it's a carbon copy personally. There are a couple of differences - such as there being no news section and the Star In The Reasonably Priced Car segment has changed
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/07/2016 21:02)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  I wouldn't say it's a carbon copy personally. There are a couple of differences - such as there being no news section and the Star In The Reasonably Priced Car segment has changed

Your right it's not a carbon copy. To add to your list there is more promo on the stars. They have best car/worst car and favourite car/least favourite. And there's the coming up bits in the middle of the show as well.

They've kept the set though, clarkson's coffee table and the seats which were from a Vauxhall. Can't remember the model. I know it's recycling but invent something new and not use stuff found in a first aid kit.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Both public opinion and the ratings have proven that Top Gear genuinely was a success thanks to its previous presenters rather than the show itself. Evans' efforts to play down the woeful ratings were laughable at best; I've never been a fan of his anyway, nor do I rate LeBlanc in his presenter role. As many predicted, the new series, by and large, has bombed. Roll on The Grand Tour!

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
(05/07/2016 21:02)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  I wouldn't say it's a carbon copy personally. There are a couple of differences - such as there being no news section and the Star In The Reasonably Priced Car segment has changed

I like the rally circuit but not the chat thing with it, especially the dirty stuff Greg Davies was coming out with on the final episode of the series.
(06/07/2016 21:44)Train Man Wrote:  I like the rally circuit but not the chat thing with it, especially the dirty stuff Greg Davies was coming out with on the final episode of the series.

Guessing it wasn't appropriate for kids even with the BBC's edits? I've seen bits and bobs of the last episode after the celerity stuff and it was worse than what the Americans came up with when I watched one of their shows.
Whilst I'm not a prude by any stretch of the imagination, I won't repeat what was said.

Regardless of what happened, the woman's name should never have been broadcast either.
Matt Le Blanc has signed a new two year deal to present Top Gear someone seems to think he must be doing a good job.
Good news!
First episode of the Chris Evans free car show was on last night. I amoung many deeply criticised Evans' style of presenting on the revamped show. There was a lot less shouting last night thanks to Matt Le Blanc but I questioned myself several times last series and last night on who the presenters were. I could name Chris Evans and Matt Le Blanc. The others I've no idea who they were or what they've done in the past.
It will take a long long time to get the show revamped.
A shame though as the Beeb could easily pull the show off air for good.
Rory and Chris are both established motoring journalists and, in particular, I've really enjoyed Rory's segments.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Watched it on the iplayer. To me it has reverted to the original Clarkson, Hammond , May and Willman format more or less. And better for it too. Although it would be good to see Sabine Schmidt and Eddie Jordan pop up again.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)